Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much for Murray's statements about a week ago about not signing players over 30 anymore :rolleyes:

there's no one with a goal threat, no one with physical power and ball winning abilities, hardly any midfield so what happens? we sign another defender!

He was a great player in his day, but that day past a few years ago, the only good thing is that he will at least he will be better than Bob Malcolm and probably Moore too, who has been having an awful season so far.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Even though I swing to Celtic's side in Scotland, no team deserves to get Frank De Boer. I'm really sorry for you guys. Ok, I admit that I had a little smile when I heard the news but still, why the hell was he signed? He had to leave Barça because he was past it, he went one step down to Gala and he had to leave because he was screwing up every match, he lost his place in the Dutch team etc. Unbelievable signing really.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it just came out of nowhere. Apparently there wasn't enough money to sign Nacho Novo (a young striker with Dundee who would be really cheap) then I hear this news on the radio this morning. It would be pretty pointless even if he was still a good player - we are out of Europe, the league is just about over so you would think its better to start building for next season instead of buying more old guys who will be retiring soon!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
Yeah, it just came out of nowhere. Apparently there wasn't enough money to sign Nacho Novo (a young striker with Dundee who would be really cheap) then I hear this news on the radio this morning. It would be pretty pointless even if he was still a good player - we are out of Europe, the league is just about over so you would think its better to start building for next season instead of buying more old guys who will be retiring soon!
i'm sure you'll think different at the end of the season:D
anyway..do you have room for another supporter?:D i support rangers since a long time ago..(remember when i chilean player played like 2 games and then he broke his knee? well, i support the team since that) but i'm a formal supporter now:D :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mariaines said:
i'm sure you'll think different at the end of the season:D
anyway..do you have room for another supporter?:D i support rangers since a long time ago..(remember when i chilean player played like 2 games and then he broke his knee? well, i support the team since that) but i'm a formal supporter now:D :)
Always room for another one :)

Sebastian Rozental- He looked like he could have been a great player but then the knee problems stopped that :( We're jinxed with great players coming then getting a serious knee injury almost as soon as they sign which they don't recover from to recapture their past form (Seb Rozental, Oleg Kuznetsov, Michael Mols, Jonas Thern, Daniel Prodan...the list is endless)

Actually there's a guy i still see at some games and he has a Chile flag (although probably because of the colours rather than the Rozental connection)

I hope you're right about Frank de Boer :)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
And I thought we could be finished with old, useless twats in the SPL:groan:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
Always room for another one :)

Sebastian Rozental- He looked like he could have been a great player but then the knee problems stopped that :( We're jinxed with great players coming then getting a serious knee injury almost as soon as they sign which they don't recover from to recapture their past form (Seb Rozental, Oleg Kuznetsov, Michael Mols, Jonas Thern, Daniel Prodan...the list is endless)

Actually there's a guy i still see at some games and he has a Chile flag (although probably because of the colours rather than the Rozental connection)

I hope you're right about Frank de Boer :)
thanx :kiss: i am, you'll see ;)
yes, he never recovered so well..now he's playing here but far fa away the great player who signed for rangers..

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
An Ibrox legend (Van Vossen) was today claiming gers had bought De Boer too late, and that gers would still be in the CL if they had bought him in the summer. I don't think he realises that de boer was targeted by the majoroty of Galatasatay fans & was blamed for their exit from the CL.

·
Registered
460 Posts
did you see gala at CL? if you did, i don't think you can say it was only Frank's fault..he made mistakes, no doubts about it, but in a team with no order & with a terrible coach you can't expect they could have done so much better than they did..

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
mariaines said:
did you see gala at CL? if you did, i don't think you can say it was only Frank's fault..he made mistakes, no doubts about it, but in a team with no order & with a terrible coach you can't expect they could have done so much better than they did..
Well, at least they would have lost 1-0 against Olympiakos instead of 3-0 :howler: Seriously, Frank is trying everything he can to go to Portugal, but he must see that his time is up. He should have went to Qatar instead to end his days there on a lower level.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
mariaines said:
Very similar to Rangers' own CL campaign this season, and personally - I doubt de boer would've made much difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why is it that a player gets slated before he kicks a ball?

Frank De Boer is a very good signing in my opinion. Yes, he is getting on a bit, but so is Larrson yet he is a wanted man.

One bad game in Turkey and any foreigner get's slated by the fans, which could damage any players confidence.

Let's just see what kind of display he gives tommorrow and then make a judgement, and bear in mind the wages he is on.

Now, Novo was not signed as Cappucho did not leave. F De Boer signing has nothing to do with this, as he is a defender. We have had issues all season with the lack of cover at the back, so that was an obvious poeition to look at.

To bring in a new striker, one forward has to leave. Very simple indeed, and when fans realise this, then maybe the club will be allowed to move forward instead of being sidetracked into explaining every action they take.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
De Boer is getting slated because you just have to read comments on him by Gala fans, he is pathetic. He is far too slow. He's over the hill so he'll fit in well next to Berg, Capucho & Ostenstad:howler:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because of what Gala fans are saying? Is that the same fans that slated Jardel?

As I said previously, they go for anyone who shows less than 200% on a day, no matter how well they have played previously.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
steve_thegaffer said:
Why is it that a player gets slated before he kicks a ball?

Frank De Boer is a very good signing in my opinion. Yes, he is getting on a bit, but so is Larrson yet he is a wanted man.
So is Ostenstad, so is Emerson, so is Capucho, so is Vanoli, what's happened to these players at Ibrox? :confused:

steve_thegaffer said:
One bad game in Turkey and any foreigner get's slated by the fans, which could damage any players confidence.
Err, it wasn't just one bad game, - far from it! BTW - Jardel has never exactly been the star he was in his Porto days after he left the club for galatasaray has he?.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Oh, & how can you compare Larsson, the best player to play in Scotland since Laudrup & Gazza, with Frank De Boer, who has come here to retire in an "easy" league with a big salary & at the same club as his brother:yuck:

I hope Scottish attacks teach him a lesson or 2 so he retires before he becomes anymore of a laughing stock, he used to be good!

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
cam said:
Oh, & how can you compare Larsson, the best player to play in Scotland since Laudrup & Gazza, with Frank De Boer, who has come here to retire in an "easy" league with a big salary & at the same club as his brother:yuck:

I hope Scottish attacks teach him a lesson or 2 so he retires before he becomes anymore of a laughing stock, he used to be good!
Exactly! He USED to be good. Everybody sees that he is way past it except FDB himself. You know why he has chosen Rangers? Because he needs first team football to be included for the EURO 2004 squad. Funny thing is: We don't want him to be included! :howler:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts