Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heared that Frank Arnesen is leaving PSV as technical director by the end of this season. All has to do with the omnipotent powers Hiddink is getting as manager.

That last decision I always found strange since soomuch pwoer and responsability with 1 person is something you only find with amateuristic (spare the jokes :D) clubs. But when it leads to the loss of soo much knowledge and connections as someone as Arnesen it's really time to worry for PSV.

Arnesen's record is impressive: Ronaldo, Van Nisterlrooy, Nilis,... If you have someone with that ability why would you give it away?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I agree with you on the fact that the power that Hiddink is getting might be out of proportion and with the Koreans he signed he hasn't showed that he has real talent for the transfermarket. I'm also quite happy that we at least have someone else too for the matter, although most signings look to be Koeman's, meaning not so good (to say it nicely).

Besides the obvious toptransfers Arnesen also had a truckload full of misfits. With the 5 incoming transfers of Nilis, Nistel, Ron, Stam and Robben you might forget them, but the likes of Addo, Ramzi, Gakhokidze, Jorginho, Marcelino, Marcos, Smit, Ten Rouwelaar etc. also had a pricetag from which they didn't/won't receive much back. That's why it wasn't that weird to me that they parted ways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts