Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the rumors have intensified a lot these last couple of days about him joining the club so I think he deserves his own thread.

In the latest news he's agreed a 4 years deal and he's gonna be of the best paid players in the squad.

I won't believe anything until he's officially signed but it seems like the club is pretty serious about reinforcing the left wing with Franck. Would be a massive signing.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I won't believe it 'til I see it as well but fingers crossed!

And if it does go down then Van Bommel deserves a gift basket from Laporta and Co. :D

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It almost seems like there's a dedicated Ribery thread in all other big clubs forums.:howler: Talk about hot property.

Would be a great signing but why are we linked with a thousand strikers and wingers despite the fact that's arguably our stringest positions yet nothing about who will replace Sylvinho at LB. I guess LB's doesn't sell papers huh?

Anyway it would be great signing not only because it would improve the team but also for extra quality depth.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Our left side needs some upgrading. I think Ribery would be great for the LW position and depending on who stays and who goes, we will have Eto'o, Messi, Henry, Ribery, Bojan (plus Iniesta and Pedro & co from La Masia) for the front 3 positions. So unless Eto'o and/or Henry goes, we only need one signing for the forward line.
I dont mind the LB position when Abidal is playing as he is a solid defender and up to his injury, he was helping out in attack as well. There are better LB's than him but what we need more is an upgrade on our reserve LB, Sylvinho.
The rest of the defence, I think we're well covered with Puyol, Marquez, Milito, Pique and Caceres all able to play CB. Pique and Puyol can cover Alves when he gets a break.
I also think we need to upgrade on our reserve MF's as well. Gudjohnsen and Hleb are not doing anything and need to get their act together or get shipped off. And from the looks of it, Hleb will be used in trying to get Ribery here. That way we will have Iniesta, Xavi and Toure as our starters with Busquets, Keita +2 MF as our backups MFs.
Not to forget that we need a GK to keep Valdes on his toes.

Shopping list:
- LW
- LB
- 1 or 2 CM
- GK

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Don't forget the youngsters in Barca Atlétic too.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Well the rumors have intensified a lot these last couple of days about him joining the club so I think he deserves his own thread.

In the latest news he's agreed a 4 years deal and he's gonna be of the best paid players in the squad.

I won't believe anything until he's officially signed but it seems like the club is pretty serious about reinforcing the left wing with Franck. Would be a massive signing.
I don't want him getting huge wages!! He would be honoured to become a Barca player and should gratefully help to add to their great history.:angel:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
If we sign him would be nice .. and it's possible :)

·
Registered
56,312 Posts
i saw an interview of ribéry. he didn't answer at the question. but the way he didn't answer is very revelating. there is some silences which are "assourdissants".

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
This would rectify 50% of our problems. Which is why I'll believe it when I see photos of him signing the contract next to Laporta.

·
Visca el Barca
1,030 Posts
I think this signing is a very high priority after seeing our left side failing to impress.

Ribery would be very decent signing if it goes through. I would atleast look at Silva in case this signing fails.

- LB and backup goal keeper should be added to the priority as well.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Laporta and Txiki have both denied contacts with Ribery and his entourage.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
When Ronaldo leaves?

Everything is just rumours so far. Nothing concrete. Also if you'll think about it, even if some deals were done everyone's going to deny it until the seasons end. I think I remember that Keita and Dani had verbal agrements in February last year since that's when the clubs start looking for players for the summer.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts