Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still only 21, but he is starting to cement himself in the Serie A as one of the better GKs in his debut season, after having good showings in the Serie B with Novara last year(Won the award for Best GK in the Serie B) and in the U-21 Euro with Italia(One of the standouts throughout the tournament)

Been absolutely fantastic so far for Livorno, mature beyond his years handling himself like a vet - one of the major reasons for Livorno's strong start, keeping 2 consecutive clean sheets and conceding 3 goals in 4 games so far - impressive considering Livorno is a relegation contender and just got promoted.

brilliant instincts and flexibility, which naturally makes him a fantastic line-keeper & shot stopper - he's also a gifted PK stopper saving 6 of the 12 penalties in his pro career so far - including 2 in one game last year - and showed the same ability with Inter's primavera.
Not very fast but does a good job rushing outside his area inside the box with his frame, working the angles and using his legs.

While he has a pretty good distance on his shot, he's pretty poor in distributing the ball from what I could gather over the years, so that's definitely a weakness in his game I think
He has a knack for punching the ball, still need to strenghten his upper body a bit more for in-traffic situations, although this year I see improvement there - he's in the top 3 both in collective high balls and punching the ball in the Serie A so far.

What annoys me a bit is he tries to deflect shots sideways and doesn't collect them often too(almost always), which can be a problematic and a habit he really needs to work to grow out of, while working on his hands strength.

All in all the future seems very bright for him. On loan from Inter, hopefully taking the Courtois route until we sell Handanovic and he's ready to step in, one of the better young GK prospects in the world.

pk_82ivDNRA

bNwyb874AUk

His ridiculous save from the game this week against Genoa, on the last minute of the game :

RgMrsQRUoz0

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
didn't notice anything great from him at the U21 level. and livorno doesn't look like a relegation contender. they look like a decent team and could finish midtable. they've a good team defense (bardi definitely isn't the major reason for the cleansheets) and decent firepower up front with paulinho and emeghara.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bardi isn't a major reason for the cleansheets? allow me to question you watching their games this season if that's your claim.

He's been a top performer at the U-21 Euro aswell throughout along with Donatti, had a mistake for a goal in the final - but prior to it already saved 2-3 goals by himself anyways.

·
Registered
46,071 Posts
He reminds me Pagliuca a bit: some saves are easier than the spectacular dives would suggest. Good goalie and surely decisive for the win of Livorno with Catania and draw at Genoa. He is definitely better than Perin IMO.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another MOM performance against Cagliari last night..

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Bardi isn't a major reason for the cleansheets? allow me to question you watching their games this season if that's your claim.

He's been a top performer at the U-21 Euro aswell throughout along with Donatti, had a mistake for a goal in the final - but prior to it already saved 2-3 goals by himself anyways.
i watched 2 of the 4 games. he played well and did his part just as the defense and the midfield did. he wasn't the major reason.

he was good in the U21 euro, but overall for U21, hardly impressive. he must have grown a lot last season given his u21 euro performance and serie b gk of the season award, but i didn't think "next great italian gk" when i saw those games.

He reminds me Pagliuca a bit: some saves are easier than the spectacular dives would suggest. Good goalie and surely decisive for the win of Livorno with Catania and draw at Genoa. He is definitely better than Perin IMO.
perin isn't exactly a good benchmark. i've been more impressed with rafael (not italian but as far as new gk's from small/promoted teams are concerned).

Another MOM performance against Cagliari last night..
i didn't see the game, but he made 2 saves the entire game, lol.

this is similar to the kneejerk post about sau after matchday 1 or 2 (whenever he gave that nice assist), but this one has its special thread here b/c he's owned by inter.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He had more then 2 saves. And I guess the GDS gave him the highest rating in the game cause I opened a thread about him in XT, too.

I like the fact that his defense is so strong, yet he is one of the keepers who had to work the hardest in the league in terms of shots at goal and saves made by him. Hmm.
He had a few 100% goal saves so far this season in crucial minutes, but yes, he wasn't a major contributor to keeping a cleansheet.

Cmon pavz.

And Marco Sau is a great footballer and been one throughout last year and when he played this year, I have no idea in what context his name popped up in your mind.
It's absolutely not a kneejerk reaction to say he deserves to be in the Italian squad with the Giovincos of the world there, or that he deserves to play for a bigger club - a blind man would claim otherwise.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Is the Genoa 'keeper highly rated? I can't remember his name but he's only young. He played against us in a friendly this season and really impressed me. But it was only for a half in a friendly so it's not a very good sample!

·
Registered
58,810 Posts
Not his best day. Could have done better on the first Napoli goal, and the 2nd was 100% his fault.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yup, very poor mistake on the 2nd goal.

As mentioned, he really needs to work on his hand strength and it's visible he struggles in that area.

The goals after were his fault too. Very poor showing in an intimidating venue, let's see how he bounces back

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That says more about them then him, imo - unless there's something I'm not aware of.

When he came on as a sub against us he immediately made it clear why he's far ahead of Pinilla etc as a football player.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,535 Posts
Stanko strikes again. :proud:

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
7Dzxef1muoQ

Still a class keeper. You'll can continue with the hate tho :D

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Lol I never hate Stanko. Wasn't saying he's a bad player but I did think of this thread right after the goal. It's up there with Goicoechea's awful own goal vs Cagliari.

'as i sip my soda that im sure somebody spit in'...never gets old lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bardi future

I have not followed much this season 13-14, but just looking at the goals conceded, can I deduct the enormous growth of Perin on Bardi.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts