Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy!

Name: Nicolas Anelka (Fra)
Current Club: Real Madrid (Spa)
Date of Birth: 14/03/1979
Position: Striker
Previous Clubs: Paris-SG (Fra) & Arsenal (Eng)
Comment: Everybody knows him now. What could I add that would be interesting?

Name: Stéphane Dalmat (Fra)
Current Club: Marseille
Date of Birth: 14/08/1979
Position: Midfield
Previous Clubs: Châteauroux (Fra) & Lens (Fra)
Comment: The most expensive French transfer in France (70 MF), from Lens to Marseille. He's a very good creator, making excellent passes to strikers, and very good dribbler.

Name: Mickaël Landreau (Fra)
Current Club: FC Nantes (Fra)
Date of Birth: 14/05/1979
Position: Goalkeeper
Previous Clubs: None
Comment: This keeper started in French first division at the age of 18, showing an amazing maturity. In his first match, he stopped a penalty. He's now 20 years and is already the captain of his team. He won the French Cup last season. Maybe the next goalkeeper of the French National Team.

Name: Peter Luccin (Fra)
Current Club: Marseille (Fra)
Date of Birth: 09/04/1979
Previous Clubs: Cannes (Fra) & Bordeaux (Fra)
Comments: A mature midfielder, who loses very few balls. Moreover, he can play defender too. He's the favourite of Courbis, Marseille's trainer. When Courbis was in Bordeaux, he bought him from Cannes, and brought him to Marseille a year later. Sometimes compared to Rykaard.

Name: Steed Malbranque (Fra)
Current Club: Lyon (Fra)
Date of Birth: 06/01/1980
Comment: A very good midfield, very active, he can drive defenders wild. But despite his obvious qualities, he hasn't scored any goals in First Division yet.

Name: Sébastien Frey (Fra)
Current Club: Inter Milan (Ita)
Date of Birth: 13/03/1980
Position: Goalkeeper
Previous Clubs: Cannes
Comment: 19 years old and he played last season in some matches instead of Pagliuca. A great keeper.

Name: Louis Saha (Fra)
Previous Clubs: FC Metz (Fra)
Date of Birth: 08/08/1978
Previous Clubs: Newcastle Utd (Eng,Loan)
Comment: He is the man of the beginning of the season for Metz this year. In the Intertoto cup, he scored 8 times in 7 matches, the last one against West Ham in London. Loaned at Newcastle last year, he seems to have learnt a lot in England. He's the guy who scored in the U18 European championship final won by France.

Name: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Fra)
Current Club: Le Havre (Fra)
Date of Birth: 14/12/1979
Position: Central Defender
Comment: A lot of clubs wanted to buy him this summer, and it was Liverpool who won the battle. But they decided to loan him to his current club, Le Havre. He's a strong defender, tall, a bit like Desailly. He will be a good player for Liverpool's defence.

Name: Philippe Christanval (Fra)
Current Club: Monaco (Fra)
Date of Birth: 31/08/1978
Position: Central Defender
Comment: Franck Dumas left to Newcastle, this central defender will have the task to replace him in the defence of Monaco. Despite his 21 years, he has enough maturity but maybe not enough physical strength to win against strong strikers.

Name: Soufiane Koné (Fra)
Current Club: Nancy (Fra)
Date of Birth: 08/06/1980
Position: Forward
Comment: He was last season one of the best strikers of Nancy (6 goals), with Cascarino. He's a strong striker, and I guess he won't stay a long time in Nancy.

Name: Pegguy Luyindula (Fra)
Current Club: Strasbourg (Fra)
Date of Birth: 25/05/1979
Previous Clubs: Niort (Fra)
Comment: A good season in Niort, then he left for Strasbourg. But there, last season, he was not very good. But he was revealed in the last U21 Toulon Tournament where he became the best scorer with 6 goals, and then a lot of clubs were after him. But Strasbourg managed to keep him, and he could score this season a lot of goals.

Name: Toifilou Maoulida (Fra)
Current Club: Montpellier (Fra)
Date of Birth 08/06/1979
Comment: A good striker, not very strong, but quick and cunning. He recently scored a great goal for Montpellier against Barthez (Monaco) with a fantastic return.

Name: Zoumana Camara (Fra)
Current Club: Inter Milan (Ita)
Date of Birth: 03/04/1979
Position: Defender
Previous Clubs: St-Etienne (Fra)
Comment: A good defender, bought by Inter Milan but loaned last year to Empoli. But I don't think he will play a lot this year, with Laurent Blanc,Domoraud, etc...

Name: Sébastien Piocelle (Fra)
Current Club: FC Nantes (Fra)
Date of Birth: 10/11/78
Comment: Sometimes compared to Didier Deschamps, this blond guy is, like the player of Chelsea, a good tackler but can also make good passes to the strikers. He won the French cup last year with Nantes.

Name: Anthony Reveillère (Fra)
Current Club: Rennes (Fra)
Date of Birth: 22/10/1978
Position: Wing-back
Comment: A good wing-back, he played 32 matches last year with Rennes.

La victoire est en nous...pour toujours!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Damn it!!!!
1,2 and 4 are in PSG...
PSG will be monster in future!!!
I won't be surprised if they win Champion's Cup for this season!!

D

·
0 Posts
Do you mean the Champions League??? :)

PSG will be the strongest French side in the CL for a long time, but it's going to be tough beating all the best English,Spainish, and Italians teams :)

I would rate Peter Luccin at 2, because I think youv'e ranked the top 15 players right?

A

·
0 Posts
hey anelka has not yet transferred toPSG but i hope that he gets transfered soon

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Hmmm you got that list from http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk. It is quite old you know?

I would say that Frey is #3 instead of Mickaël Landreau. Also there are people that are not on this list that should get a honourable mention, people like: Trezeguet, Dabo, Candela, Pires, Vieria. No doubt some of these guys are over 21 except for Trezeguet but they will surely be among France's future Stars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts