Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Done. Your guys looked a bit in holidays against Ukraine. But maybe they can put a good fight lige Iceland did against France.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done. Your guys looked a bit in holidays against Ukraine. But maybe they can put a good fight lige Iceland did against France.
the difference is Iceland has plenty of quality players compared to us

really I was looking over their squad and it's amazing how many young and promising players they have at decent clubs considering their population is about 300 000...if there's one real football nation in Europe then it's Iceland

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
That wasn't that long ago. Surely you could build upon those displays. I find it odd that you would fall apart so suddenly, I mean, you mentioned that Estonia had found a set of decent forwards for once, they can't suddenly be useless.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
teams:

France
Code:
          Lloris

Debuchy  Rami  Mexès  Evra

Cabaye  A. Diarra   Malouda

Nasri        Ribéry

Benzema
Estonia

Code:
        Pareiko

Jääger Rähn  Klavan  Teniste

Puri  Dmitrjev  Vassiljev Kink

Ojamaa Oper

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Typical Estonia really, some decent passing until we run out of options and somebody kicks the ball forward aimlessly and then we concede a goal from a lapse of concentration by a defender. That's the difference in class showing, every time there's a French player running one-on-one with a defender at speed, I expect a goal to be scored or something dangerous to happen.

I'm surprised by Kink to be honest, I thought it would be a mistake starting him on the left wing but he has been doing something I've never seen him do before - defending :D Him and Teniste seems like a good combination on the left. If Kink has actually changed his game to help out in defense, he could possibly be a regular starter there. Then he'd have less chances to take those pointless long shots with which he scores one in a hundred shots.

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
estonia look alright depend on the fact they play a 10x better team... they shouldve defend from the first second

·
1st Tier Poster
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we played surprisingly good for the first 20 minutes and managed to create decent chances, then came the quick one-two between Ribery and Benzema resulting in a goal and we collapse. basically Ribery and Benzema were too much for our defense, they were hopelessly outclassed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts