• Draw

Votes: 7 31.8%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France vs Denemark Official Match Thread

it is the finla chance for France to reach the 2nd leg..
draw is forbidden, france need to win in a high score...coz we don't know if uruguay beat senegal...
good Luck France
allez le blue

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Hey!...what happened to an objective opening statement for this post

The first post should just say something along the lines of "France need to win by 2 goals to make the second round while Denmark need just a point although all 3 would be preferable as topping the group would result in a night game in the 2nd round"

The bias can be for all posts after the opening one :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is not an official thread - I miss the poll!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
France is desperate and Denmark is confident. It's going to be IMO one of the games of the WC, but the difference maker will be Zidane if he plays I believe France will prevail. If not then then is bye bye Les Bleus:cool:

BTW let the Forum managers of the WC forum post the official match threads, Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
2-1 to either Denmark or France.

Denmark progresses - that's what this match is all about to me!

Henry and Petit suspended - Zidane probably back (can't be 100 %).

Hope Leboeuf starts as Thuram is far better in central position than him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zidane Back To Rekindle French Hopes Against Denmark
Denmark - France | News Archive

Zidane: Back to confound the Danes? (REUTERS)
06/06/2002. According to reports from the French camp, Zinedine Zidane will be in the starting lineup against Denmark in the side's final group game next week.

This news comes after a worrying start by the French side who have collected just 1 point from their opening two games and have bitterly missed the wizardry of the former World Player of the Year in midfield.

"I will leave it up to him. If he feels that he is fit to play, then he will certainly start," said Lemerre when asked about Zidane.

There is no doubt about what is going through Zidane's mind at the moment. Should Zidane miss the Denmark clash (Henry will be missing as well), and should France lose, Zizou will return home without participating in a single World Cup game, something he will not be willing to accept.

Hence, it is clear that he will do whatever it takes to recover in time to start against the Danes, even if it means compromising his injury to some extent.

An identical opinion was voiced by teammate Vincent Candela earlier today who felt that his countryman would pull through despite doubts surrounding his fitness.

This, however is bad news for Marten Olsen's side who were counting on the absence of Zidane and Henry to send the French packing home.

soccerage

·
Registered
765 Posts
Zidane? Tøfting and Graversen will take care of him. Pressure on France - still World Champs - they are favourites - we are the underdog.
We can go back to Denmark with pride. France will be going back in shame. Future looks bright for the Danish NT - the players will top at Euro 2004 and WC 2006.
Main thing about the NT is that they make us feel good - we know we'll never be World Champions or European Champions again. With Olsen as coach we'll try and show the world attractive attacking football (except when we're struck by the heat like today - could have won though if it wasn't for that fecking ref.!)

It's a win/win situation for us - France has so much more at stake being defending champions and all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Magic#10:

Never be european Champions again?? Why not!?

I don't believe that we can become world-champions, but our team will probably be extremely strong for the next European Champ.

Can't see why we can't win it?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well you know what he means?!

I'm very optimistic about this thriller. We're playing some good footy while France has been struggling to even score.

France will still be the favs to win though. They are the World and European champs and that's a fact we'll have to deal with. Okay they've been unlucky with injuries in this turnament. The great Zizou has missed the first two and might be back against us, but it can't be with all 100%! Henry made a very stupid tackle and is now also out. Same goes for 'Tiny' :D.

I'll be a tough match for both teams and the heat will slow it down, so I'm sure if it's going to be one of the matches of the WC. It would have been way better for both teams if it were played in the evening. Well what the heck, it's not like we're playing 'the lions' :).

2-1 Denmark :cool:;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Taken from Danish text tv:

"The only thing that counts now is a win over Denmark on tuesday" says Desailly.

"I am here to play football and I don't wanna miss anything. It's my last appearance in a WC. It will be a catastrophy if we are eliminated in the 1st round" says Desailly - French captain.

Desailly is very disappointed with the 0-0 match against Uruguay yesterday but can't find anyone to blame for it. "France has played well and we've tried everything - it just hasn't worked out"

Catastrophy?? He really knows how to put pressure on his comrades ....not to say himself ;)

We are the underdogs.

France are European and World Champions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still amazed at how a hole world can talk about "Charming Senegal"....

I simply can't understand that in the international media there has been no focus on the poor refereeing in the Senegal-Denmark match. Just now I read that Fatiga was chosen as man of the match by FIFA. We're talking about a swine that deserved 2 red cards in the first 30 minutes. Hes boxing at Helveg broke one of Helvegs teeth....

Maybe FIFA are just trying to remove focus from the referee, or maybe it's just good publicity for football to talk about "charming Senegal" ....Even their own coach says that they're winning because they play a physical game, but in the media they're described just like the nigerians were some years ago when they played real refreshing and tecnical football.

Only international coverage of this match I can take seriously is the german one. They actually seem neutral... Seems the rest of the media has forgotten that a match is all 90 minutes, not just the last 45....

Well, regarding France-Denmark .....I can't see Denmark loosing with more than one goal, we haven't lost ONE real game since Olsen took over, and France hasn't really scored "all that many goals" so far in this tournament....

Quite

·
Registered
892 Posts
PETER LOVENKRANDS could be set for a sensational start for Denmark against World Champions France on Tuesday.

It is understood Danish winger Jesper Gronkjaer is struggling to be fit for the Group A crunch, which the French must win to have any chance of qualifying for the second phase, and his absence would present Lovenkrands with his first start of the tournament.

The Rangers striker didn’t feature in his country’s opening 2-1 win over Uruguay but came on for the final few minutes of yesterday’s draw with Senegal.

Now the 22-year-old may be thrown into a potentially explosive encounter with the opportunity of helping Denmark qualify at the expense of the star-stacked French.

Danish coach Morten Olsen is likely to favour Lovenkrands should Chelsea’s Gronkjaer not make it and the player’s agent believes he will make the side.

"Peter is feeling great after coming on against Senegal and I believe he might start against France," said Ivan Benes.

"I believe one of the Danish players, Jesper Gronkjaer, has a bit of an injury and that gives Lovenkrands a chance.

"Also, Dennis Rommedahl hasn’t played well so far and Peter can play in place of Gronkjaer or Rommedahl if needed.

"It is possible he will be in the team but if both players are alright then Morten Olsen will start with the same 11, with Rommedahl on the right and Gronkjaer on the left.

"He will always give a chance to the guys who play all the time for him and Peter is very happy with that.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to Gabemar

let the Forum managers of the WC forum post the official match threads, Thanks
why???????

·
Registered
88 Posts
France, what a dissapointment. With Zidane they'll tie Denmark (He is still not 100%) Without Zidane it is over for the World Champions. :crybaby:

Desperation is a tender trap, it gets you every time. Bono U2

·
Registered
765 Posts
If it IS a tie ...it IS over for the European and World Champions ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fernando Andres said:
France, what a dissapointment. With Zidane they'll tie Denmark (He is still not 100%) Without Zidane it is over for the World Champions. :crybaby:

Desperation is a tender trap, it gets you every time. Bono U2
don't forget Pires.....

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
to bad for world cup champions that if it ends like this, it will end.

they will go into denmark game without pires and henry
and zidane i doubt would be 100% fit for the match but might still play
its truely sad
it would be very hard for france to qualify now as they need to win 2-0
i seriously hope france make it through

·
Registered
105 Posts
Players like Zidane are speciall becuase they hava en inate winning mentality. There is no way he will allow France to loose or tie. Before the world cup started France could have easily stepped over Denmark, now the stakes are higher and champions like ZZ work best under these conditions. Hopefully Uruguay will give France a hand by beating Senegal, that way France will only need a win and not the 2 goal advantage.

Denmark IMHO has the weakest defense in this group and wont be as hard to score against as Senegal and Uruguay proved to be. They play very attacking football and hopefully they won't be gay enough to just play with 11 men in defense, just like the rest.

Again I insist Zidane will make the difference, he will be passing his usual wickedness to Trezegol who has just been unlucky ( and alone) up front.

I still have hope that France can show their talent in this WC.

VIVE LA FRANCE!:boxing: :scared: :devil:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think it would be pretty "gay" if Denmark doesn't play on the counter-attack in this match. I think we were a bit naive against Senegal - we should have gotten more players behind the ball as Senegal shouldn't have been allowed to score on a counter-attack, when it was Denmark who should be doing the counter-attacking.
But it is not Olsen's philosophy to play anti-football and thank God for that - it has also proven to be the right tactics as Denmark is unbeaten in 2 years of qualifying matches and wc-matches.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts