Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others (Please name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, yesterday was last game before the true start of the preparating games (Ecuador, Paraguay and Colombia). Time to chose who do you want to see playing at the Euro or just who Domenech will choose to use...We will start with the Goalkeepers thread. I have made a poll, usually lists have 3 goalkeepers.

Gregory Coupet

Sébastien Frey

Mikael Landreau

Hugo Lloris

Steve Mandanda

Ulrich Ramé

Or of course others...​

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the hierarchy between the goalkeepers of the national team is quite established for now, at least in Domenech's mind (and that what matter in the end :tongue: ) :
1. Coupet
2. Frey
3. Landreau

Coupet is for sure the one who should start, Landreau and Frey had their chances (of course i agree one game for Frey isn't enough to make an opinion for him). I am not sure he has fully recovered his level since his injury, though.

Frey is hyped in Italy but lacks on recognition since he isn't playing in a much mediatized club in France.

Landreau is having hard time with Paris Saint-Germain, the club is fighting to avoid the relegation in the end of the season and i fear he would lack confidence a bit. He has been critized lately a lot, even if Le Guen is still backing him.
That's why i would pick as a third goalkeeper one of our currently most promising French goalkeeper Hugo LLoris:star:. The third goalkeeper will certainly not have any opportunity to shine at all during the tournament. But bringing a new talent to feel the pressure and the atmosphere of a top competition should be interesting for the future. It might help him to move to a bigger club aswell.

So in the end my pick is for the moment, like the only one who has voted so far : Coupet, Frey, Lloris.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
1. Coupet

2. Frey

and I've not made my mind about the third which isn't as straight cut as the first two.

I'm not a big fan of Landreau!

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point.:D They are also in alphabetical order and that's probably how Domenech has made his choice aswell.;)

·
Registered
56,352 Posts
do you know what their zodiacal signs are?
that is important:D

·
Registered
56,352 Posts
coupet : 31 décembre.
frey : 18 mars
landreau : 14 mai
lloris : 26 décembre
mandanda : 28 mars
ramé :19 septembre

no one scorpio i think.
mandanda is a bélier, that is a good sign.
coupet and lloris got the same sign. might be capricorne i think.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Coupet
Frey
Lloirs

Are my picks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Only one vote for Mandanda !
Lloris is injured, apparentely his season is ended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts