Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France was not the best team of EURO 2000.

Holland was.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah and Lazio was not the best in in Seria A 99-00.

Parma was.

BULL****! why cant you just accept that France was superior? would you like everyone to question Lazio's value? no,so lay off...they are worthly champions,just like Lazio.Stop bull****ting like children...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great post Ramon, it says absolutely nothing!

If Holland was so good then why couldnt they score in 120 minutes against Italy, despite the fact that they got two penalties and played with one more man on the field for 90 of the 120 minutes??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because Holland were very unlucky. They played the best football on the tournament, but they couldnt score penaltys.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Not only penalties... goals too!

The best team??? :confused:

They couldn't do it not even with the referee's help!!!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, I think many of us agree that Portugal should have won Euro 2000. They really played the best football, I was enjoying watching them play even against Romania and that kind of teams. The game against England was the best game ever. Each and every goal was EURO GOAL, especially Scholes, Figo and Joao Pinto. Dont u agree ??!:confused:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Italia deserved the Trophy,they were better,they played better but luck turned its back on them and france stole it!
It was worst than Portugal's defeat!For 93 mins they were in front and 20 mins before the end the french equalise!If that isnt luck then what is it?

·
International
6,519 Posts
Lochness, i dont know which game did u look at, because france vs. portugal was more stupid in the referee way. Italia - yeah, 4 mins extratime, golan in 94 min. Well, Italia still got chances to score , 30 mins to go, while portugal, PEnalty , 3 minutes before penalty shootout. Which game is now hader to go threw ?!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel very confident when I say that France won the tournament as the best team.

France was the only team that fully impressed throughout the tournament. They did a great tournament and they fully deserved to win it.

Portugal - Played well and gave us moments of pleasure with great football. But still they didnt have that extra luck that big teams have. They received many fans in europe by playing great football, but unfortunately they didnt play well enough against France. And I must say that the penalty was a correct decision.

Holland- Played great and was my favorites to win the whole tournament. But if you don't score in 120 minutes against italy under the cicumstances (two penalties and one man up) that were in that game, they simply don't deserve winnning the title.

Italy - Played and impressed defensively. Was boring through the tournament except the final when they did a good job. Gave away the cup to France in the last minute but I must say that Italy had the greatest shirts ever. Italy was good but boring and I must say that it was a victory for football when France defeated them in the final.

France - Impressed throughout the tournament except the absymal 2-3 defeat against Holland, one must remember that in that game they played with the B-squad. The have great and solid players in the back, in the midfield, up front and on the bench. They also had that little bit of extra potential. Most of their players are winners (1998) and they know what it takes to win.

My favorites was Holland, I supported Portugal, I love Italy's shirts....BUT FRANCE WON, AND THEY DESERVED IT....IN MY OPINION.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am only saying this: How could The WORLD and EURO CHAMPIONS suck?

Tell me please...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well said Petter!
You were definitely watching Euro 2000 with the right eyes...
At least there are some people here that know and understand the game (Amo, you're included!)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I don't really think that Holland were unlucky to lose to Italy!! The fact is they didn't score goals which are needed and they missed penalties

France were great probably the most effective but Portugal the most attractive especially conceicao ;)

FORZALAZIO!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think France were unlucky in all their football history, so now they're repaying.Portugal was unlucky to conceed a penalty 5 minutes from the end of ET - it was one of those moments that will never be clear.
Holland - bad luck, Toldo and Rijkaard are the reasons they lost.When the same situation could happen 50 times, 49 times Holland would be the winner.But not this time. Rijkaard made some bad substitutions taking off Bergkamp, Zenden, Cocu the only ones who could break Italian defence, and putting in some Van Vossen, who loses 6 of the 5 balls he has in possession.His penalty takers were horrible.I expected Overmars, Davids, Seedorf, Van Bronckhorst, etc.
Italy was slightly the better team in the final, and they can feel unlucky they lost.If they played every game in that way nobody could say nothing to them.But on the aggregate, between France and Italy, French deserve it more.But they certainly disn't look like a classy team in last 20 minutes when they attacked without any concept and couldn't creat a single chance.Their equaliser was a stroke of luck.
Anyway, why did Zoff quit? Because of Berlusconi's critics? Come on, Berlusconi don't know **** about football. If he watched the game, he could see Zidane hadn't make the impact on the game as he should so Zoff's tactics were good.It's shame Zoff resigned, but he can now became the president of Lazio. :)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Agree......
but real final was Italy vs Portugal

France is so arrogant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I Agree with you petter and Dino

FdeBoer should have scored the damn penalty, then euro2000 would have an different winner then wc98

France won because they are arrogant , they just know that they are going to win , no matter what 0-1 for italy in XTRATIME No problem ......they have the winning-spirit

Holland 6-1 yugoslavia was the match of the tournament No spain 4 Yugoslavia 3 was because 2 teams played that day hehe

Italy has the most beautiful shirts that's right
great disign , what could you expect from those italians

France are the luckiest champions
Italy are WhorldChampion in disigning jersies
Holland is the penalty-kicking champion ( NOT )
Portugal is champion in HandBall
Germany is champions of the veterans

·
International
6,519 Posts
Portugal should win this competition. They play the most atractive football, scorin the best goals ever, the players are looking great... :p

Portugal may win WC 02 ?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why everyone says Italian shirts were great.They looked like gays in that shirts and with that haircuts, I don't know...
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, my cousin has just ordered one via Internet and he's definitely NOT gay!

They were cool really, kinda in fashion, original. All the rest were alike except for the colors! It was a nice change.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts