Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some notes about the first half,

senegal is winning 1 - 0, with a goal scored by Papa Diup.
france is having a very bad match, especially the defense. le bouf is not in the same class of the other players. desailly is not the same. thuram and lizarazu didnt have any attacking spirit. they didnt attack once.
the midfield is showing a lack of creativity. of course, zidane is missed bad. petit, is having a terrible night. not just losing several balls but also making a big mistake in senegals goal. of course, it was barthez fault as well.

another important thing is that both desailly and petit complained a lot when they had the ball in the midfield, because they didnt have anyone to give the ball.

the man of the match so far is Diouf (spell), the #11 of Senegal.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WWWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW:howler: :D

SENEGAL WOOOOONNNN!!!!!!

SEN 1- FRAN 0

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
czar said:
Reminds me of 1990!!
i hope not, remember that we got to the final. and if france gets to the final it means that we are out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Senegal as a team looked far more mentally prepared than France.

Diouf and Fadiga played excellently and always looked threatning.

I think Henri should have played upfront instead of Trezegoal. Too early to discount France as WC contenders though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Rude Awakening

"i hope not, remember that we got to the final. and if france gets to the final it means that we are out".

Did I hear someone talking about going to the finals? Qualify out of the group first, France and Argentina not going anywhere this Millenium- Lots of tired legs.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Even though France did not look good they still looked better than Senegal. What this confirms is that even with a better team you still need luck. The chances that Trezeguet missed will be rued in France. (BTW isn't he from Argentina originally?)
Argentina better be focused on Nigeria and not think about England until the evening of the 2nd.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I was excepting something strange in this match.

I noticed that the ball was too light, the players were having difficult time when they deal with it, they cant control it well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Trezeguet lived in Argentina for x amount of years i think one of his heores is Bati and he copuld have played for us but opted for FRAnce as it was easier to make the squad.
No doubt the first thing to consider should be the first game if we go into this not thinkin about it 100% we are the losers, yes we are favourites but this don't mean that Nigeria can't win, but i would say thier chances of winning are slimmer than ours.
But we will know in a coupl of days anyway, so continue with the constructive posts but the petty ones have been done and are getting lame.

Aslo if Nigeria mad the semi's that would be considered a major achievement however for us nothing less than a win would be acceptable, that shows the diff in the two teams i would say.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It has been said that the latest adidas ball is quite light, and goalkeepers have been bitching about it, saying it swerves and bends through the air very fast.

But every WC, the GKs complain about the ball. So nothings changed.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: The Rude Awakening

Nigerian Nytmre said:
[B
Did I hear someone talking about going to the finals? Qualify out of the group first, France and Argentina not going anywhere this Millenium- Lots of tired legs. [/B]
if you try to use your brain you would understand that my post just means that if france reachs the final, by a logical deduction we wont. but it does not necesary mean we ll qualify from the group.
if you still dont get it :rolleyes: i can give you an example (including graphics), but please dont waste my time.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
One of his two parents is Argentinean. Forget which one. He couldn't make it in the Arg league so he went over to France wjere he gained a place on a team and recognition. Think he lived in Argentina for 18 years.
leg100 said:
Trezeguet originally from France? This I have to hear about.

Still wouldn't have made it into the Argentine squad though. ;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I also noticied that the ball is too light, it moves in a somewhat strange way.

Batigol9 said:
I was excepting something strange in this match.

I noticed that the ball was too light, the players were having difficult time when they deal with it, they cant control it well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.