Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very sad to see you out of the cup so soon :(

France were never my favourite team, but they play very entertaining football, have magnificent players (my favourites are Zidane and Henry), and its just a shame to lose them so early :depress:

I think the coach really messed up alot, this was a team that needed no screwing around and he managed to do just that. It seems the players were under alot of pressure as well.

Hard luck....:(

I feel even more bad about lili :depress: I think everyone in XT does too....Hope you feel better soon about the WC lili!

·
Registered
25,647 Posts
I am sorry for the French team. Receive also my sympathies.

You had a good team but it wasn't meant to happen. There are many factors for France's elimination but it's not as bad as you think. This is football, one day you lift a cup and the other you don't... But, don't think this as being the end. Yes, many players will retire but football is a non stop cycle. Just think that in only 3 months the qualfiers for Portugal 2004 (this time it's closer to France! :D) will begin... it's never over, it always goes on... :)

you'll feel bad for few days but then you'll start smiling again, you'll see ... :)

à la prochaine! ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
My sympathy as well. I really admired the French teams of WC98 and Euro2000. This year... well, this didn't look much like France.

Lemerre should pay for his stubborness. He should have refreshed his roster.

·
Registered
548 Posts
With all that talent on their side they still deserve sympathy for "CHOKING"?? :confused: :rolleyes: Oh please guys! Please spare the Franch fans the "sympathy" stuff! :eek: There should be no sympathy for defending world cup champions who can't even manage to score a single goal in the WC!! Now, we all know it ain't just names that play soccer!! All I will say to French fans is better luck next time! But no sympathy for you!!

·
Registered
25,647 Posts
Valdano said:
With all that talent on their side they still deserve sympathy for "CHOKING"?? :confused: :rolleyes: Oh please guys! Please spare the Franch fans the "sympathy" stuff! :eek: There should be no sympathy for defending world cup champions who can't even manage to score a single goal in the WC!! Now, we all know it ain't just names that play soccer!! All I will say to French fans is better luck next time! But no sympathy for you!!

Can we have at least some sympathy for the fans who must feel incredibly sad now?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D :tongue:

·
Registered
765 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:

Can we have at least some sympathy for the fans who must feel incredibly sad now?
Normally I wouldn't rub it in - but you lupisor lupetto have dismissed the Danish team all along. How do you feel now??

Need a paper tissue??

For all other French fans - bad luck but France weren't the team of 98 or 00 - and Denmark certainly wasn't the team of 2000 ;) I knew they wouldn't be, but it might have come as a surprise to you!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
A lot of bad luck for France this WC.

But don't feel to bad. This team and generation wasn't a coincidence. It was the resukt of a very intelligent youth policy (which except maybe for Argentina) we don't find anywhere in the world. A new generation will stand of maybe even better and mor ebalanced than this one. With a new (and better) coach you guys will be out there on Euro2004 and the WC of 2006.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
So sorry to see the French out so early. It is indeed a hard act to follow the class of 1998 and 2000. It is almost a sorry sight to see them labour so hard with nothing to show for. It is time to rebuild and bring in the new. Cisse, Carriere, Anelka. Time to breed these lads as well as those from the U-17 youth team. You have a great future ahead and the golden generation will be reborn.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Magic#10 said:
Need a paper tissue??
Magic#10, you've taken the words right out of my mouth! You satisfied lupisor?? On what justification should one be sympathetic to a team that "talked" a lot prior to this WC tournament?? I'm not going to argue on this sympathy stuff any more. In fact it is closed in my books!! You can cry all you want bro! I just hope you don't drown in all those tears! The best of luck to you :)

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Adieu les Bleus!

Someone was watching from above from how you guys won the Semi's in Euro 2000.

Not even a goal scored......Unbelievable :confused:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I feel pretty sad for the France fans right now but they broke my heart in 98 and I guess it is there turn to suffer. I can't really say I wanted you guys to beat Denmark and continue but right now I feel bad for guys like Stephanho & Lilli! :(

Cheer up guys, you're still Champions of the universe untill June 31st. :) My advice is that you enjoy it while it last! :happy:

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Being Portuguese I also had no liking for the way France won 2000. To me, that was a tainted victory.

But yesterday against Denmark. I'm sorry, but people are being WAY to harsh condemning France. First, give the Danes their due, they sized up the French team and did what they had to do out there. Denmark played solidly, and as a unit. But forget what the papers around the world and commentators are saying about France having played badly. That is B.S.!!! They SHOULD have won yesterday if it wasn't just for the incredibly lousy lousy luck they had. I never saw such a thing. I'm sure there were some other chances, but recall these,

Zidane missing the post by inches
Trezeguet missing from 2 meters
Desailly hitting the bar
Cisse, beating the g.k. just to see the ball trickle past the post

As the announcers said, France could not have bought a goal yesterday. It was as if some avenging angel of futebol sat on their shoulders and caused bad things to happen.

A special word must be said about Zidane. Not surprisingly, I still think he is the second best player in the world, but yesterday he earned all my respect. The effort he put in while he was clearly hurt was so brave. If I have to pick one moment that characterized France's experience in this W.C. it would be the image of Zidane tumbling over that injured thigh when he stretched to control a long pass. Like I said on my other thread, it just wasn't meant to be for France this year. Lick your wounds, pick up the pieces, see you at the next tournament in Lisbon.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
I would like to agree with you Tinto and Patrick but these guys are quiet when they get beat but loud, noisy, and especially arrogant when they win.....:rollani:

In Euro 2000, they made no mistake about rubbing it in to a tiny little country of less than 10 million. Not only did they not congratulate us, but they didn't stop the harrassment :dontcare:

Portugal may go home, but they are neither arrogant nor do they expect to go all the way. These characteristics set-up France for a royal abuse whacking given by everyone and they deserve it for all the smack they talk.

See you in Euro 2000 froggies. Better luck next time :D

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Time for the old guard to move on. Their defence really need new faces and adjustments.

France deserved no sympathy. They have only themselves to blame for their poor showing. They have all the great players in the world for their disposal yet producing this result is really disappointing.
I think Fance should revamp the whole team. Old Guard like Petit, Leobeouf, Desailly, Thuram, Dugarry, Lizarazu, Barthez, Djorkaeff and to certain extend Zidane.

Start to start from stratch.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Tough luck.....dudes!
As much as I hate France but they don't deserved to be humiliated like that........
What's wrong w/ this WC?
Both favorites to win the WC had been eliminated, WC will not be the same w/o them! :rolleyes:
And now even the 3rd fave to win the WC; Italia is also in trouble.
If Italia is joining France & Argentina.....this will definitely be the worst WC ever.

I'm pretty sure France & Argentina will be back and stronger than ever..... :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ok ok we are out but im proud that we have won both WC 98 and Euro 2000!!

and we will win the Euro 2006 in Portugal for sure...pretty easy I think! he he ok I will not be stupid now and talk **** like I always do, but here is my new line up for our matches to qualify for next Euro.

-----------------------Barthez----------------------------

Sagnol------Thuram---------Mexès---------Candela

------------------------Vieira------------------------------

Carriére-----------------Zidane---------------Pires----

-----------Cissé--------------------Henry----------------

to offensive maybe?? then maybe Makélélé should be in the lineup or Petit....I think Petit was pretty good in this tournament but Vieira was totally a disaster....

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leboeuf_81 said:

and we will win the Euro 2006 in Portugal for sure
Its in 2004

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Flotown said:
I would like to agree with you Tinto and Patrick but these guys are quiet when they get beat but loud, noisy, and especially arrogant when they win.....:rollani:

In Euro 2000, they made no mistake about rubbing it in to a tiny little country of less than 10 million. Not only did they not congratulate us, but they didn't stop the harrassment :dontcare:

Portugal may go home, but they are neither arrogant nor do they expect to go all the way. These characteristics set-up France for a royal abuse whacking given by everyone and they deserve it for all the smack they talk.

See you in Euro 2000 froggies. Better luck next time :D
I can't feel much sympathy either. Their fans came out of the woodwork when they won the WC, now they can back under the rubble. Between the arrogance and history as a nation that surrenders, I could give a rat's :ass: for France.

The team really didn't look bad, but it wasn't their year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts