Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

Just minutes ago, France made soccer history by being the only WC champion to be shut out completely by not scoring one goal this WC!!:)

They are aso out in the first round which hasn't happened since 1966 with Brazil!!

I guess their luck finally ran out and Zidane wasn't a god after all.

Not to be anti-Italian, but I hope the 2002 Italian WC team goes out too. Trap was a fool to exclude Baggio and to have guys like Materazzi there. Trap should not have been coach and many of his picks should not have been at the WC at all. Maybe Italy should do what England did and pick a foreign coach. They should have a coach that picks the talented players that deserve a spot, not the teacher's pets.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Primo,

Hey friend. How are you?

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not wishing Italy would be eliminated. It's just the fact that something drastic should happen to wake Italy up. Serie A and B have the finest players and coaches in the world. It's just that due to personal problems in the national team structure, the best coaches and most of the best players are left in Italy. Then, the way Italy has been playing is not up to the standards of a WC winning team. One can't sit on a lead and stop playing. This is especially true when referees make mistakes. After all, the ref didn't score Croatia's goals. Teams stop playing after the game is over, not before.

What really bugs me is that Roby and even Hubner were left at home while "youthful" Di Livio made the team. With many big name teams going out (or close to it) Italy should pounce on the chance to get another Cup. They always find a way to make it even harder one way or another.

Catch ya later. Enjoy the Cup!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Hi Lou, good to see you again.
I can understand wht you're saying Lou but I don't think an early exit in this world cup would change anything. We got chucked out of Euro96 early and not much changed.
I don't like the sitting on a 1 goal lead either and I doubt Trap will do it in the next game. If he does I might have a heart attack.
The Di Livio thing really bothers me too, how could our coach even consider to bring him on when we were TIED 1-1!?!?!?!
Someone who can make danger instantly for the other team like Montella should have been brought on at that time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Toro!

How's everything, my friend?

Yeah, I know your teams have had a bad season but things will be better. I kind of expected more from one of our shared favorites, Messina. Oh well.

Sad to say, I think you're right. Nothing will change the way things run in Italy until someone takes charge and straightens things out. Micheal Schumacher did it and is doing it with Ferrari. Now they all work as a team with lots of success. Could Italy get the right leadership and players to do the same? I doubt it. Too many hardheaded chefs in the kitchen.

The Di Livio instead of Montella situation really got me ticked! That's a nice way to lose a game.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Argie 1 vs Sweden 1

Another stunning upset. Both Hottest Favourites are out!!!

Once Italy has succesfully passes through the group against Mexico. Then I think we will be seeing a Brazil vs Italy Classico final.

Common Trap!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts