Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France - Holland

Berne - Stade de Suisse

And we are playing a Friday 13 at that. Already a must win game, and should be more open. They impressed everyone [Dutchies included i guess :D] against Italia. What tactic should we use against them ?

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
time to bring back the posers back to earth.

I am not really afraid of them as the defence is pretty strong and would be able to tackle their attacks. With both RvP and Robben out, you always have a chance. I think Italians had their tactics too defensive for a team which has one of the worst defence players in the tournament.

France has to sort out their attack. If they can, then they sure can win this one. Ribery might have a field day against Bouma and co ;)

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Just force them through the center and man-mark (and really MARK, like within 1 meter) Sneijder and van der Vaart.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
and don't let any of your players lying outside the pitch near the goalie :pp

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Hopefully they fit us much better and they will give us spaces to counter attack them as they are really based on an offensive gameplay.

I am still pretty confident on our defensive line and we should do better than the italians in this area.

Anyway, it is now a must-win match and we have to give everything we can in the battle not to have regrets afterwards.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read today that Raymond implied that he was thinking about 4 changes.

Vieira ? Henry and who else ? (Hopefully Nasri and Evra !)

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
L'equipe thinks of a 4-2-3-1

Sagnol Thuram Gallas Evra

Toulalan Makelele

Govou Ribéry MAlouda

Henry

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
What a crap line-up. Domenech is a total idiot if he goes with that. So in other words yes, that will be the line-up.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that line up is pathetic.

out of the players taken then the line up is simple to pick.

take Govou, Malouda and Sagnol out and replace with Benzema, Nasri and Diarra.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
that line up is pathetic.

out of the players taken then the line up is simple to pick.

take Govou, Malouda and Sagnol out and replace with Benzema, Nasri and Diarra.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

What the hell is Domenache thinking, with picking Malouda and Sagnol?????

Benzma may have had a quiet game BUT everyone knows of his capabilities and Nasri looked lively in the short time against Romania!!

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
I guess at least he's doing the right thing by dropping Abidal and starting Evra. Probably going for 5 in midfield to risk getting overrun and giving Ribery more freedom.

Going to need Henry to step it up and have a big game to grab a win. I'm sure Benzema will feature later in the 2nd half.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

·
Legendary Poster
1,436 Posts
If the real Ribery and the real Benzema shows up it's over for holland, france would score more than holland would score

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
You stole our 4-2-3-1 formation... bad Frenchies!!! :D ;)

Ah well, I think it will be a very tough match for Holland because the French have a better defense than Italy and I fear your attackers more. I would be very happy with a draw but I guess you guys want the 3 points and therefore will try making a goal early on. Because we can't rely on our defense I hope we can take advantage of the fact you need a win more than us. I feel we still have a inconsistent team and we should forget the 3-0 win vs Italy and really focus on this match to get a good result.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm nervous too.

Why Govou?:rollani:

If he wanted to play 4-2-3-1, I would have used:

----Ribéry-----Nasri------Malouda-----
--------------Henry--------------------

1 - 20 of 57 Posts