Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't follow the French Ligue 1 news that closely at the moment. But looks like the boy has fullfilled his dream. 5M€ and a 4 years contract.

If he can bounce back from Rennes, why not.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds like Aurier is moving to PSG, with Jallet going to OL. Excellent signing for PSG, I think RB is one of the only areas they really needed to upgrade.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Jordan Ayew to Lorient.
Very underrated player IMO, excellent signing for Lorient. He's got a bad reputation (as a man AND as a player) which is totally unfair, he's a nice person and an excellent player (and still very young: 22 years old only!).
I'm really confident in the fact that Lorient made an excellent choice. If they manage to keep Aboubakar, it could be a dynamite attacking pair.

·
Registered
522 Posts
ASSE are apparently in advanced talks with Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who was relegated last year with Norwich. He was awful in England but good with Sporting in Portugal, so I guess he'd be decent in Ligue 1 lol.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
ASSE are apparently in advanced talks with Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who was relegated last year with Norwich. He was awful in England but good with Sporting in Portugal, so I guess he'd be decent in Ligue 1 lol.
Not sure if RvW was awful last year, or if Norwich was. They really played like s*it last year in EPL, and in the way they played I felt like there was an undeniable lack of ambition. Not a good club to be in when you're a striker I think?!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Not sure if RvW was awful last year, or if Norwich was. They really played like s*it last year in EPL, and in the way they played I felt like there was an undeniable lack of ambition. Not a good club to be in when you're a striker I think?!
I think it was a bit of both. Ricky probably moved to England primarily for the increased wages, and wasn't prepared for a relegation battle. But ASSE is a good place for him since they should be able to attack against most of the teams they play.

Also read that Lens won't be able to sign any new players this window. Very tough blow.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Lucas Barrios to Montpellier. One year loan from Spartak Moscow.
Wow. If someone had told me 3 years ago that this guy would end up in Montpellier... :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow. If someone had told me 3 years ago that this guy would end up in Montpellier... :D
Yeah he is on 3m euro per year as well, so I'm sure Spartak will cover at least half of his loan.

And Bordeaux signed Diego Contento from Bayern to play LB, with Lucas Orban going to Valencia. I'm sure Sagnol had a big influence on Contento coming, and they are apparently looking to take Tiago Ilori of Liverpool on loan as well to give them some more depth at CB.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Indeed, Contento even said that he wouldn't have signed in Bdx without Sagnol calling for it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Tiago Illori to Bordeaux is done, 1 year loan without the option to buy.

And Teophile-Catherine had returned to
France, this time on loan to ASSE.

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
Very good signing once again, he was Rennes' best defender between 2011 and 2013 (I'm pretty sure FK will agree on this!?), and we really needed to get someone to replace Kurt Zouma. He fits the role, talented, experienced and still young (24 y.o.), and no transfer fee included (loan). Great deal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts