1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fox Sports World prediction of our group:

1. Italy
2. Mexico

- tudor a good point in the squad (? he is injured stupid)
- however, with exception of tudor, very old defence..

wtf?

our defence is young and experienced...tudor or no tudor... sure, midfield might be old or even attack, but our defence if anything is not old.

you know what JureM, I will be watching US games with special attention now... ;-)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I've heard it all, have you got the URL of the prediction?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Would the fact there are more mexicans than Croatians in US having something to do with apetising potential viewers with media bull**** to increase audience.

Possibly....Yes....

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
yep, american sports shows, even espn has some pretty whacked reporting on anything other that "american sports".

I love the way the american broadcasters pronounce Juventus (Dzuventas)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
"anything other that...."

Another typo Ero??? :D

Actually...I would venture to guess this....its the fact that we get to see a lot more Mexican games here than we do Croatian NT games. Hey, I like this...this is exactly what happened 4 years ago. I had my cousin tape all the games for me as I was in france, but he told me that in our group, the announcers in the preview show said that it should be Argentina and Jamaica coming out of the group.

I seemed everytime Croatia played with the exception of the Romania game, the announcers said that our opponent could win..the Jamaica game...then the Japan game...then of course the Argentina game. I think it was a shock to their system when we beat the Germans.

I think what happened back then was the fact that we have a small country and they though all the talent was from our neighbors and not us without realizing that most of the guys that represented that other country in Chile in 1987 were Croatian and made up the core of our NT.

They will be in for another shock when Croatia wins the group.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Half the announcers and broadcasters are probably Mexican so there.

Seriously though if they do play well the could advance. I don't think they will but not as many people are as educated as we Croats are about our National Representatives.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Even if that is the case, it's still no excuse for idiotic editors and reporters

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
You do have to remeber that FOX is owned by an Aussie..Rupert Murdoch...:D

So that could explain why Fox Sports World love to show the AFL.

What I also think is the fact that many of our players are spread around the various leagues in Europe. I would still believe that these guys probably think that France was a fluke. I hope that we prove them wrong once again.....

H

·
0 Posts
FOX Sport World - Propaganda!

Croatia will just have to play good world class football, like in France - 98. To show the world that Croatia plays excellent, and has excitement when playing in Korea/Japan. Hopefully, this will make the world see us as a world football powerhouse.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
It's Crazy too considering how well we played in World Cup qualifying while the Mexicans sneaked into the finals and played terrible in a weak region CONCACAF.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
JureM

Just face it........we will always be underdogs!:eek: :rolleyes: :dontcare:

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
Underdogs-us again?

Yeah I remember for France 98, some said JAmaica was favoured over us. Whoever said that needs to quit smokin the Jamaican weed...

I mean-name 1 Jamaican player that is good...just one. Meanwhiile we had Boban, Suker, Jarni, etc...It was literally impossible to lose to the reg-gay boyz.

Similarily, this time we are not thought of ...well, here's hoping we shock the "experts" again...

On paper, we should have little difficulty with Mexico, and Ecuador. We just need to play our game and hope the heat is not a factor as then we'll be at a big disadvantage vs those two. The Itlaians will be tough as their boring style literally puts everyone to sleep...

If everything goes as planned, we'll beat Mexico and Ecuador and probably draw the itals.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: Underdogs-us again?

Oluja said:
impossible to lose to the reg-gay boyz.

The Itlaians will be tough as their boring style literally puts everyone to sleep...

If everything goes as planned, we'll beat Mexico and Ecuador and probably draw the itals.
:D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Boksic...it seems that way doesn't it.....but you know, I like that underdog role because then we catch everyone by surprise...but the good teams know what kind of talent Croatia has......

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ero said:
Even if that is the case, it's still no excuse for idiotic editors and reporters
yep, saying that Simic, Zivkovic and Kovac are really old is hilarious...

problem is that not every reporter follows every team, and then they try to make conclusion on little bits and pieces they know... for instance, you can see british and germans having much more respect for us

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Exactly spwolf...German's especially after what we did to them in France...;)

But, also because they have seen first hand guys like Kovac brothers, and Zvone Soldo and they know how solid they are on the pitch. Now they have seen the exploits of Suker up close and personal in the Bundesliga.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
JureM

Remember Ivanisevic in Wimbledon, Croatia in the Olympics -92 basketball....final against original Dream Team(silver), Handball in the -96 Olympics(gold) ....and so on........There is nothing so sweet as winning, when nobody counts on you.

This is media..............but.........when retards like Berti Vogts and other "famous" persons (John McEnroe talk against Goran), trash us, then it´s even sweeter....:cool:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
yep, nobody counted on us in any major sporting event, but we've taken home more silverware than most. Imagine, only 5 million Croats in Croatia and HB.

the success rate is phenomenal.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.