Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, since most of the people here are Americans with Fox Soccer Channel, what do you make of this show? I think it's a good attempt by FSC to get a soccer chat show here in America, but the execution isn't perfect. I think it could be much better, but I still enjoy watching it as there really aren't any other shows like it here, but I think in a year or two when the hosts have more time then it will be smoother and better.

What are your views?

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
I just found out yesterday that my cable company carries the channel i will get it very soon and thank god we finally got a 24h soccer channel :happy:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
I havent got it on my Directv para todos line-up .. I heard they have gone totally soccer now !!! :cap:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
I like it. Them 2 have have great chemistry...them English livin in da US peeps. I like their rants :thumbsup: n' they know what they are talking about! It is pretty entertaining.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
colocolo said:
I heard they have gone totally soccer now !!! :cap:
Wrong. They simply changed their name from Fox Sports World to Fox Soccer Channel. Unfortunately, for the time being there is still rugby on the channel.

By the way ColoColo - on February 22 DirecTV para todos will begin to carry GolTV - the real 24 hour a day soccer channel, which carries the Primera Liga, Serie A, Brasilian leagues, etc. etc. And Chile :shades: Better for someone like yourself than FSC anyways.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
By the way ColoColo - on February 22 DirecTV para todos will begin to carry GolTV - the real 24 hour a day soccer channel, which carries the Primera Liga, Serie A, Brasilian leagues, etc. etc. And Chile Better for someone like yourself than FSC anyways.
I thought GolTV was a pay per view channel that only bars get to order the Champions League and European Championship games.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. It was available through Dish Network if you payed a lot of money, but now they're adding it to the DirecTV and DirecTV Para Todos packages for free on the 22nd.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fox Soccer Channel or GolTV? And what kind of service do you have now for your TV?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhhhhh. You should get DirecTV. What I did was I got the $30 a month package for the most basic TV set, then I added the $12 sports pack, which carries Fox Soccer Channel, and as of the 22nd, GolTV. So $42 a month for 3200 hours of televised football a year (1600 hours on each channel) isn't a bad deal by any means, is it?

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
no actually pretty good deal!
I heard that one of those channels showed the Derby County vs. Fulham match (FA Cup) a few weeks ago :wallbang: I haven't seen a Derby match since March 2002 and of course I had to pay a ridiculous amount of money, PPV, but it was worth it :D

·
94,483 Posts
Isaac said:
Wrong. They simply changed their name from Fox Sports World to Fox Soccer Channel. Unfortunately, for the time being there is still rugby on the channel.

By the way ColoColo - on February 22 DirecTV para todos will begin to carry GolTV - the real 24 hour a day soccer channel, which carries the Primera Liga, Serie A, Brasilian leagues, etc. etc. And Chile :shades: Better for someone like yourself than FSC anyways.
Isaac....txs for the info ... I found out thru soccertv.com this would b happening about 2 mos ago..I cant wait !!!! The first LIVE Real Madrid game I catch I will be "broadcasting" it live here in the Real Madrid Forum ... Just like old times !!!! :thumbsup:

:shades:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, they show replays of FA Cup ties all of the time. You can also get highlights of many Coca-Cola Championships (DERBY) matches on FSC through Sky Sports (shown three times daily) and Fox Sports World Report (twice daily, but it's the same show the following day as the previous night, so you can get highlights of their matches. I believe they'll replay Fulham - Derby too. So it's a good deal.

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
well then this is a good channel, I just went on their website...looks cool and its about time, they also have EPL matches and talk shows on satellite radio but finally something on TV. :thmbup:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Isaac said:
Ahhhhhhh. You should get DirecTV. What I did was I got the $30 a month package for the most basic TV set, then I added the $12 sports pack, which carries Fox Soccer Channel, and as of the 22nd, GolTV. So $42 a month for 3200 hours of televised football a year (1600 hours on each channel) isn't a bad deal by any means, is it?
WoW this is awesome thanks a lot for the info :thmbup:

·
94,483 Posts
Do U Guys know who the mastermind behind Gol Tv (Broadcasting right out of my backyard here in the Magic City) is ?????

No one else but "El Principe" Enzo Francescolli ... ;) Live,,,breathe and dream football .. 24 hrs a day !!

:star: :jester: :star:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I went apeshit when I heard about GolTV being added to the DirecTV lineup. I have not seen La Liga or Serie A on a regular basis ever since ESPN and FSW (I guess FSC now) dropped their coverage a few years ago. Besides the endless coverage of Italy and Spain, there will even be football from Brazil, Chile and Colombia (both also dropped by FSW), and even Ecuador and Guatamala (if you like that sort of thing). :thumbsup:

Enzo? Not surprising. I'll have to write him a sappy love letter. :D

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me too. Even though my favourite league is the Premiership, I love to increase my knowledge of European football from America, and this is a great chance. Our Saturday's are now spolied beyond belief, Tim! We have the Premiership and Bundesliga on FSC, and Serie A and Primera Liga on GolTV, and they have all sorts of specials all the time on GolTV. I'm so excited, even though I have no vested interest in any team in any of the new leagues I'll be able to see with the addition of GolTV. (Or even those on FSC for that matter ;))

1 - 20 of 201 Posts