Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Football365 and the Official Liverpool Website, Fowler will be the captain in the coming season if he plays. This is what GH said:
"Robbie is the vice-captain. Because of Jamie’s injury if Robbie plays, he is captain. Otherwise, Sami will step in as he did last season."

So guys, do you prefer Sami to be the skipper or Fowler? Vote here! :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
GH has his reasons for choosing Fowler to lead the team. If you look at the squad now, Fowler is one of the very few players who have stayed with the club for the longest (7 years since his goal-scoring debut in 1993).

I think GH also chose this timing to announce Fowler as the stand-in captain to dispel speculations that Middlesbrough are buying him.

On his day Fowler can score tons of goals - I just hipe he regains his form and silence his critics.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hyppia would be a much better choice. He is a dominating player. Fowler is a player who has never lived up to the hype who pretends to snort cocaine while on the field. GH will regret making Fowler captain.

S

·
0 Posts
I beg to differ. Hyypia is THE choice, alright. But when Fowler is on song, he inspires his team mates.

Have you seen those goals he scored when he single-handedly embarrassed the likes of Schmeichel (scored FOUR goals against the great Dane in a single season, who has ever done that except Fowler?) and Seaman (hat trick in 5 minutes at Anfield)?

Critics chose to dwell on the negative, the injuries, the cocaine antics, etc. but they failed to recognise that he is a great striker. Disregarding other fans, I'm sad to stil hear Liverpool fans slagging him for his antics.

C'mon get behind your man. He's gonna score tons of goals this season.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I like Fowler, and not surprise if he is the captain. Come, loyalty also count. He's been with Liverpool since he was in the youth club (even though he supported everton when young- as opposed to nick barmby). And when his instinct is sharp, he can do no wrong. His goals are probably the most entertaining goals I see in Liverpool, and also his way of celebrating it. snorting coccaine or not, at least people remember than when it started to get blurry.
ciao!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Whether he will captain Liverpool or not (and I think Sami is just as eligible for the captaincy as much as Robbie) I personally think it will not undermine his natural skill as a striker...and the cocaine sniffing...although it was a stupid thing to do (bad example to kids who see him as a role-model etc) I think thats irrelevant when it comes down to determining a good striker. But it does perhaps show he might be lacking in the 'gentleman' personality people might expect. But no, it doesn't not make him a worse striker in terms of football ability. And if he is captain, then its more of a reason for Pool fans to back him up.

S

·
0 Posts
I think Robbie deserves it because of his loyalty also because he stayed in this team so long. Also if GH let him be the captain, I am sure Robbie will appleciate that by producing good performances on the feild ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Fowler has shown numerus time that he is a perfect gentleman.Remember the penalty against Arsenal? or the T-shirt he revealed supporting the workers of Liverpool?

The coke sniffing was teasing to the Evertonians who after all teased him first.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It doesn't matter who is the skipper as long as we have strong characters in every position. We will have several "Leaders" on the pitch at once, Fowler, Hyppia, McAllister, Hamann, Redknapp (eventually!), Babbel and the list goes on.
I think that Fowler will play a vital role this season, and that as captain he will have to curb those previous incidents. It seemed to work for UTD when they gave Cantona the armband didn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts