Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now there are rumours resurfacing again at fowler being sold..
it is reported chelsea is very keen to strenghten its attack with a 15M bid for fowler
arsenal is also very keen to secure his services...
both arsenal and chelsea now prefer fowler over ruud van nystelrooy cos the latter is too expensive and fowler is already a proven goalscorer in EPL..

i dunno why but i have the impression that GH is gonna sell him..especially now that he's bidding for a new striker in anthony lurling..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fowler is far too injury-prone.

He has an awesome talent. But ,like Ronaldo, he seems to be on the treatment table more often than the football pitch.

If Liverpool can get 15M for him then maybe it's not a bad idea to sell him. Maybe.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
noo... i don't like that idea!
liverpool will play for many tournaments next season! remember our last experience that we almost have no striker when fowler and owen got injured?
our striker seems easy to get injured, so i think we must have at least 6 strikers for next season.
so far, fowler never showed his objection about his position on the bench...

-----------

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Look guys, forget about selling fowler, he is by far the best striker we have at the club, he's only in his mid twenties, and when he returns to fitness will guarentee us 30+ goals a season, with that return this year, we'd be in second, or maybe even at the top of the table.
I say that if Heskey is worth the 11 million we spent, then Fowler is worth at least 30 million!

Razor

It's good to be back

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Fowler should not be sold especially if we do not need the money with apparenr sponsership coming up. Bodat is right in saying that we will need a quality squad for the upcoming year.

I think that Fowler is a class act and loves Liverpool (despite being an Evertonian).

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what i like about fowler is the flair he possesses that our other strikers don't really have...
owen and camara use a lot of pace to get through defences..
heskey is best at setting up chances..not really at scoring..

however fowler doesn;'t really have much creativity and stays most of the time in the box waiting for any crosses ...

if fowler really has to go...i would say he is worth more than 15M...as the market is so inflated...
if sutton is worth 10M...then if fowler is to be sold that should be at least 20M...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I agree. We've got the cash to buy and we don't wanna do a Lazio or Blackburn and try to spend loads of money to get it. If we win the title I want Redknapp, Owen, Fowler and Gerrad to be in the team.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
441 Posts
Fowler when he is fit is without doubt one of the best. So are we going to sell him? The answer is quite simply no.

Lets think about this.

To sell Fowler would be managerial suicide as regards the popularity stakes. He is loved by Liverpool fans. The only way this would happen is if he decides he wants to leave on a Bosman and LFC decide to cash in on him to avoid Macca part two. This however would not happen unitl Summer 2001 at the earliest.

So who would buy him?

Arsenal? - They would have to break their pay structure to get him.

Man U? - Yeah right, sure.

Real Madrid? - A possibility because of McMoneyMan

Chelsea? - Possibly, but how much would he cost?

He is valued, I would say at around 20 million, but to buy him this Summer you would have to pay off his contract so any interested team will have to fork out an estimated 26 - 30 million quid AND then pay him 40k+ a week. If Chelsea won't pay 18m for VN what makes anyone think they can afford Fowler?

I think we can all rest assured Fowler won't be leaving this Summer. Next summer however may be a different story.

Having said all that, and I admit I am a Fowler fan, but if he does decide his loyalty lies elsewhere then we should sell him. We've managed to climb to 2nd place this year without him and 20+ million can go a long way. No man is an island, one man doesn't make a team etc.

I hope he stays though. He is a great and I think we'll do well in Europe with him.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to interrupt but I saw this about Robbie Fowler being sold and thought that you might like to know this.

Robbie Fowler is one of the reasons that Zinedine would like to join Liverpool, he is one of the best striker in the world, Gerard Houllier has confirmed that he has no plans to sell Robbie Fowler, I have spoken to Robbie and he is a nice man, very funny, and he wants to stay at Liverpool and is looking forward to next season playing with Zinedine and Emile Heskey.

You might not know this but Robbie Fowler is seen as the best striker in England by lots of coaches in Italy, and I know a few have tried to buy him in the past, but have not been successful.

Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If Liverpool are going to sell Fowler, they will not want to sell him to another English team. They don't want him coming back to hurt them and he wouldn't want that either.
If you don't want him, Rangers will buy him.
He has always said that he would love to play for Rangers and they are looking for a top striker for next years Champions League. They also have £50 million to spend.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry RobD, he isn't going to Rangers, Italy, Spain or anywhere. Better luck next summer though, but again I doubt it. He desperately wants to be in the CL WITH a GOOD Lfc. We are good now and if we don't make it this season we will next.

Anyway can we stop all this. He isn't leaving this summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts