Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they can hit it off for England against Ukraine?

Personally I think it sucks, but I hope they prove me wrong. Why does Keegan kept persisting with Shearer I really don't know. Isn't it supposed to be a test match to ascertain the ability of your players? Shearer did quite well against the Brazilians, but Keegan should try out other options.

I would love to see Fowler and Phillips given more htan 5 minutes together, but the final strikeforce should still involve Owen.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
As Shearer is retiring after Euro 2000, so I think KK should partner either Owen Heskey or Owen Folwer or Owen Phillips, or whatever, just leave shearer out?
What do you think?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't think that there is any chance of Fowler and Shearer fitting well together ever. They both make the same runs and want the ball at then same time. this means that they will get annoyed at eavh other and will not perform at the best of their capabilities. i don't think that Shearer is sh!t but do feel that at times he is over-rated.
For example he did not play well versus the Ukraine despite what Brian Marwood said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts