Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
… the others not!

Today’s Gazzetta dello Sport has an article about who will stay at Lazio and who will not. Of course, they are just rumours but anyway that’s interesting to read.

Four to stay for sure
The four players certain to be at Lazio next season too are De Silvestri, Dabo, Rocchi and Radu.

Goodbye
Then there are the players almost sure to pack up and leave Formello.
Behrami: yesterday Lotito has met Valon’s agent but nothing new, sale is still the most probable option with Fiorentina waiting.
Mauri: the break down between Mauri and Lazio is almost irreversible. At the end of the season he will go away unless a new coach wants him to stay.
Mudingayi: after a negative season, he could be sold.

New defense
The game against Inter has shown the limits of Lazio defense. News from Formello say that the defense will be heavily changed. This doesn’t mean that Zauri, Siviglia and Cribari will be sold. They rather stay but as reserves, because lazio are looking for at least a couple of new starters.

Ledesma and Pandev
They are amongst Lazio best players in this dark season, but there are still open matters about their contracts. Last summer Lazio refused a 20 million euro offer from Valencia to sell Ledesma, who now expects to take reward for his last two positive seasons with wages higher than the 500.000 million euro a season he currently earns. Pandev’s contract negotiations have started and the first hints seemed good. Now situation has to be updated, and with the current atmosphere of re-foundation at Formello, a big offer Valencia-style could not be easily rejected.

Goalkeepers
Until a few days ago, evrything looked certain: Muslera on loan and Ballotta to be reserve to Carrizo. But now Ballotta is no more sure to stay. Berni, instead, is sure to leave.

The others
Meghni’s probabilities to stay are in a free fall, Bianchi is not certain to remain. There was an unwritten agreement with Tare for another year. Firmani’s chances to remain are linked to Rossi’s. if the coaches stays, the midfielder goes. But in the end, the real thing that decides all is wether Rossi stays or not.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Last summer Lazio refused a 20 million euro offer from Valencia to sell Ledesma, who now expects to take reward for his last two positive seasons with wages higher than the 500.000 million euro a season he currently earns.
More than 500 billion euro? Now, That's greedy. :D Kidding, of course, thanks for the translation and the updates you are posting so often recently.

Firmani’s chances to remain are linked to Rossi’s if the coaches stays, the midfielder goes.
One more reason to back Rossi to stay.

Now situation has to be updated, and with the current atmosphere of re-foundation at Formello, a big offer Valencia-style could not be easily rejected.
So just because we didn't make the UEFA Cup, we will sell Pandev? That makes no sense whatsoever, unless he is really, really keen to play in that Cup which I doubt. Sell him only if a great offer comes, UEFA Cup or no UEFA Cup.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
It's all just speculation, aside from the Behrami case where the developments don't look too good. I could have written this article without ever leaving my desk, except that I would have remembered it being Betis who wanted to buy Ledesma, and the info of that coming from Ledesma's agent...

Let's wait for some actual developments, which I'm sure will only happen once our new management is in place.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Who knows, maybe that journalist reads Xtratime! Or perhaps you write for Gazzetta...

I would keep:

Goalkeeper: no one. Muslera on loan to some Vicenza or Avellino. As for Marco, thanks alot, but it's time to retire. Your family is looking forward to be taken to the Villa Borghese zoo on Sundays and you have quite neglected them for two good decades.

Defense: De Silvestri, Radu, Kolarov, maybe Rozenhal and Zauri. Cribari is now as quick as a subbuteo player and Siviglia is past his peak.

Midfield: Ledesma, Dabo, Mutarelli, maybe Mudingayi. Behrami must be sold before he and his agent do the trick and go away for peanuts. Mauri was great last season but this term has been disastrous for him both on and off the pitch. Baronio, Firmani, Manfredini, Meghni and the rest of them deserve to play instead of warming the bench or the seats in the stand. So perhaps some orchestras may be interested in recruiting them.

Attack: Rocchi, Pandev. Now that Svennis has left City, Bianchi should follow him at Benfica, I am sure Lazio fans would be fully willing to pay him the ticket to the wonderful Portuguese capital. Tare and Vignaroli may follow Di Canio's footprints and join Cisco, if they still want to live in the Eternal City.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
These are all players I want to stay as well, but it leaves us with a squad of eight or nine guys, Aq! :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only 9??? O mamma mia... How the hell we wanted this team to do well if only 9 players are worthy staying? And there was even the Champions Cup around...

Anomander, with all these talks about money and million euro, I turned Cristian into a billionaire. Maybe he could really take over Lazio and buy the remaining players to make a good squad. And don't mention it about updates :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts