Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
My old time most favorite Lazio player.

He is the main reason that I am Laziale today.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
"Leaving Lazio was traumatic, but I had to leave because the coach did not consider me important anymore, as a player and as a man," said the former Italian international. " I went away rather then causing any problems with the group."

The arrival of Eriksson and his blue eyed pupil Mancini practically meant that Signori's days at Lazio were counted. From the top of my head, I still remember Beppe's humiliation during a game (against Rapid Vienna, If I remember well). Signori was on the bench, and in the second half warmed up a good half an hour (if not more), without any sign from Eriksson to make him get onto the pitch, until the referee whistled the end of the match. Beppe was understandably angry with Eriksson and that was virtually his goodbye.
Mind you, we are talking about two great players, Signori and Mancini, who have made Lazio history. But those days there was a kind of Doria clan at Lazio and as Beppe himself said, he preferred to go away rather than create problems in the dressing room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts