Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORZA AZZURRI!​

Well, after some pause in story writing, i decided to do one with Italian NT. Some game facts: Running small database, active leagues are Italy, Germany, England, France and Spain. :)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The very first thing i did was offering former Fiorentina manager Emiliano Mondonico job as my assistant, was happy with it and accepted it, despite having job by Serie B side Albinoleffe.

First match of my reign will be a friendly one in Eire, it'll help us to prepare ourselves for big match in Scotland a month later, good result there would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ireland - Italia 2-1​

It was really shameful performance that we showed in Dublin. Home team played 10 man since Carr was on 6th minute sent off for last man foul. Comming penalty converted captain Andrea Pirlo and i thought it'll be an easy match for us. But Clive Clarke and Stephen Eliott scored with nice long range shots somewhere by 30th minute of the match and turned the score over.

1st half: 4-3-1-2
Peruzzï
Oddo - Nesta - Bazagli - Grosso
Brocchi - Pirlo - Gattuso
Fiore
Toni - Gilardino​

2nd half: 4-4-2
De Sanctics
Oddo - Nesta - Barzagli - Pasqual
Esposito - Gattuso - Pirlo (70' Barone) - Grosso
Gilardino (70' Rigano') - Caracciolo​

Noone of our players collected any card, Esposito picked minor injury by the end of the match. I wasn't too happy with our overall performance, in fact only Oddo, Grosso and Toni seemed in good form, but as it's start of the season, and it was only friendly match, there is no need to worry - in Scotland we will be much better!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time for matches at Scotland and Belarus finally came, it'll be two very hard matches and we need to make in those matches as much points as possible, Slovenia is dangerously close to us.

I decided to call up nearly the same squad as was in Ireland.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pirri said:
man ur picking a pigs arse of a team..thank god ur not manager
i know, that's why i'm playing FM and not coaching any club :D
anyway thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
pirri said:
man ur picking a pigs arse of a team..thank god ur not manager
Dont hate but appreciate :flirt: No Roma scum :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scotland - Italy 2-2 (ht. 1-1)

We came to Scotland for three points, but didn't enjoyed the best start as our defense forget to cover Kenny Miller after corner kick and he easily scored. Equaliser came in extra time of first half, Toni was fouled in the area and it was a bit surprisingly Matterazi who went to take it. Luckely Matrix sent the keeper wrong way and made it 1-1. We had great start of second half as Luco Toni made it 1-2 soon. We had the game under control... until 77th minute, Materazzi was down, but the play continued and home team converted 3 on 2 situation into goal by Andy Gray.

Italy: 4-4-2
De Sanctis
Oddo - Nesta - Materazzi (78' Barzagli) - Pasqual
Brocchi (46' Fiore) - Pirlo - Barone - Grosso
Toni - Caracciolo (46' Gilardino)​

After this match went home Materazzi and also Peruzzi, who got injured in the training the next day, i called on their places Zauri and Sicignano.

Belarus - Italy 1-4 (ht 1-4)

Everything important happened in first 30 minutes of the match. Toni opened the score with two simillar goals - header after cross from wing, then Diana made it 0-3, his Samp team mate Kutuzov replied with a nice shot, but it was once again Toni who scored and by his hattrick secured an easy win for his team.

Italy: 4-4-2
De Sanctis
Oddo - Nesta - Dainelli (67' Barzagli) - Grosso
Diana - Pirlo - Barone - Di Natale (46' Pasqual)
Toni (67' Gilardino) - Rocchi​

Two matches left into end of qualifiacation group stage, we are 2 points ahead of Slovenia, in last two matches we will welcome Slovenia (in Udine) and Moldova (in Bari).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts