Last Name: Karan
Number: 99
Position: Forward
Date of Birth: 01.10.1976
Place of Birth: Germany
Came from: Gençlerbirliği
Height: 1.81 m
Weight: 75 kg

Our top scorer atm with 16 goals in the league of which some are quite beautiful :proud:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Specialities: Finishing, positioning.
Weaknesses: First touch, dribbling, tendency to complain.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to the Lions Lounge. It's all there. We'd be thrilled if you'd join us ;)

I'll see what I can find on his career.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umit Karan has played for Türkiyemspor Berlin, Hertha Zehlendorf and Rather SV which were all amateur clubs if I'm not mistaken.

As far as I can see he started playing professional football at Genclerbirligi in 1997 and came to us in 2001/02. We loaned him out to Ankaraspor in 2004/05 when Hagi managed us.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Funny he was not good enough for any teams in Germany, but still is among the stars in the turkish league. I dont know what to think of that, either our players were not good enough to make it overthere, or there are other reasons...

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Starcraft said:
Funny he was not good enough for any teams in Germany, but still is among the stars in the turkish league. I dont know what to think of that, either our players were not good enough to make it overthere, or there are other reasons...
Robert Enke wasn't good enough for the turkish league, but he is among the best keepers in the bundes league. What do you think of that? ;)

·
Fevzi
1,404 Posts
Thanks Tva :)
Perhaps I don´t know about football like an expert, but I know Ümit Karan is one of the best forwards, not only in Türkiye but Europe too.
The first time I saw him was in Barça 2-2 GS in CL 2001-2002, what a great match!!
The spanish commentarist was impressived about his fight in the pitch.
"He goes for any ball, what kind of pressure he makes!!"
And I remember he was the sole forward in this match.
Then I saw him against Lazio, PSV, Liverpool, Nantes... what a nice matches.
If you notice friends the season Ümit is fine, season we can win the title,2001-2002 and this one.
I finally I consider that Ümit could be playing for a Spanish team like Valencia, Zaragoza,At.Madrid.
He is so or more qualified than Kluivert, Kezman or Cassano.
So the problem is that he is around the 30, but this year if he cares about his fisik condition, he can show the best in the next CL.
-----
Of course, as i said in another thread i have got his GS 99 forma :horny:

·
Fevzi
1,404 Posts
Specialities: Strikes with both legs, very good head strikes, positioning, pressure, assistant oportunites to teammates.
Weaknesses: Too hungry for the goal, sometimes "angry" for the goal. No more defects :proud:

·
Fevzi
1,404 Posts
The worse news are coming true. Umit has finished the season. :scared: This is a great handicap in the title race. :depress: I think this can affect seriously to the team but in the other hand , Hakan and Kabze have the opportunity to show if they deserves a place in the eleven.
Anyway I think Umit absence is very very important. :frownani:

·
Fevzi
1,404 Posts
Do you know what kind of injury is? and how many months to come back?
I think this season was being one of the best of Umit, bad luck...
Next season Umit is goin to finish his contract, do you think new president should renew his contract if it is a long injury?
Well in any case we will see Umit in the next CL...:rollani:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.