Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
43,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Celebrating their centenary, Besiktas is the only team in Turkey that carries the National Flag in their emblem. Winners of 11 League Titles , the Black Eagles are still flying high..."

It's a pretty out of date and inaccurate description, and needs changing IMO..

If you's want it changed, think of something short here and I'll have it changed for you..

P.S - Try keep it short, so about the same length that it is now..

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I would start: The first turkish club to celebrate......

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
How about somethign like this Yasko, i quickly wrote it up and it can be modified.
(why aren't the others giving us their input as well?)

"Besiktas is the oldest club in Turkey and the first one to celebrate their Centenary.
The only team proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem, they boast a creative fanbase and a newly expanded stadium sitting atop the bosphorus hills.
Winners of 12 League Titles, the Black Eagles always fly high..and alone. "

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
D-lite said:
How about somethign like this Yasko, i quickly wrote it up and it can be modified.

"Besiktas is the oldest club in Turkey and the first one to celebrate their Centenary.
The only team proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem, they boast a creative fanbase and a newly expanded stadium sitting atop the bosphorus hills.
The first was mine, and I like Yilmaz's new one, and if others agree its a done deal... :thmbup:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
D-lite said:

"Besiktas is the oldest club in Turkey and the first one to celebrate their Centenary"

Isnt this saying the same thing twice..?

Wouldnt it to be better to say either "besiktas is the oldest club....or the first one to celebrate their centenary" ?

"The only team proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem, they boast a creative fanbase and a newly expanded stadium sitting atop the bosphorus hills."

This part is very good....but do you really need to say it's "expanded"...:D....wouldnt it be better with "....and a stadium beautifully situated at the top of the Bosphorus hills"...:)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
"Established in 1903 Besiktas the oldest club in Turkey, is the only team that proudly carries the National Flag in their emblem. The winners of 11 League titles Besiktas boasts a strong and creative fan base who take their place in the beautifully situated stadium atop the Bosphorus hills. The winners of 11 League titles the Black Eagles are still flying high..."

I remixed what you guys wrote.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Forza Kartal ,it should be 12 instead of 11 ;)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
:wallbang: oops... I copied and pasted the original one and forgot to change that.. stupid me. 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Good points Cenk, I just quickly wrote something up without thinkingtoo much about it ;)

I like what Forza wrote. With a couple of changes, this is what we shoudl have, what do you guys think?

Established in 1903, Besiktas is the oldest club in Turkey, and the only one to proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem.
Besiktas boasts a strong and creative fan base who take their place in the beautifully situated stadium atop the Bosphorus hills.
Winners of 12 League titles, the Black Eagles still fly high..and Alone.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
D-lite said:
Good points Cenk, I just quickly wrote something up without thinkingtoo much about it ;)

I like what Forza wrote. With a couple of changes, this is what we shoudl have, what do you guys think?

Established in 1903, Besiktas is the oldest club in Turkey, and the only one to proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem.
Besiktas boasts a strong and creative fan base who take their place in the beautifully situated stadium atop the Bosphorus hills.
Sounds good to me....hope it's not too long though!:thmbup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
D-lite said:
Sounds good. Just one suggestion... I think that it should be Inonu Stadium instead of stadium by itself:

Besiktas boasts a strong and creative fan base who take their place in the beautifully situated Inonu Stadium atop the Bosphorus hills.

·
*the drum drum*
43,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to say, but it's too long..

The Trabzonspor forum description is pushing the limit as far as it can, so use that as a judge to check the length of it..

And about the "..the only one to proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem" bit, I know it's been discussed before but it's inaccurate. Karsiyaka for example also have the national flag in their emblem, and even if the reasons for having it differ greatly, it still makes the statement about BJK being the only, void..

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
"only one to proudly carry the National Flag in their emblem for representing the NT"

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Just my thoughts, try to keep that
1. We are the only ones having the turkish flag on our emblem
2. That we are the oldest club

in the description. :)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
D-lite said:
Very, very powerful mate! :cool: :thmbup:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Thanks man ;)

And a clarification on the 'national flag' matter...
Besiktas shoud be the only club carrying the flag in their emblem.

There were discussons about taking the other teams which have the National flag in their logo to court, because we were given that honour for representing the NT, and other teams should not be carrying it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts