Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Need More Cowbell!
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything interesting that can be said about Villarreal? This is a club with no history that has alwyas been in the 'segundona'.

Other than it's nick (Yellow Submarine) and Riquelme proving the so-called experts wrong there's nothing worth writting.

Anyone want to give it a try? Something like "Villarreal, the other white meat... err... the other club in País Valencia..."
 

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
18,041 Posts
a simply "The Yellow submarine...finally emerging"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Loco said:
Anyone want to give it a try? Something like "Villarreal, the other white meat... err... the other club in País Valencia..."
mmm... this would not be correct, because the ones that know well the Spanish football know that clubs like Elche, Hercules or Castellon have a long history in Primera, despite their current situation.

"Founded in 1923 and popularly known as 'The Yellow Submarine', the team of La Plana Baixa has grown from the low cathegories to be a top team of La Liga and proud winner of 2 Intertoto Cups".

It's an option...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
sounds good to me or

Join the Villareal revolution, Founded in 1923 and popularly known as 'The Yellow Submarine', the team of La Plana Baixa has grown from the low cathegories to be a top team of La Liga and proud winner of 2 Intertoto Cups".
 

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
18,041 Posts
Whatever, but a 3 or 4 lines description is nicer than a short one.
Who saids that? I will stick with my "..emerging" is like an image, a lousy ****ing horrible metaphor, but still a metaphore ...que sos el Blatter de Xtratime? ya te voy a agarrar gilastro, jajajajajja
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
How come Villareal have their own forum and Sevilla and Real Betis don't have one?

Please, can we have a Sevilla forum?
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Fangio said:
Who saids that? I will stick with my "..emerging" is like an image, a lousy ****ing horrible metaphor, but still a metaphore ...que sos el Blatter de Xtratime? ya te voy a agarrar gilastro, jajajajajja
haha... didn't you realize yet? :pp I'm the boss of the Spanish community, except the madridista section (I don't want to get infected) :D
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
How come Villareal have their own forum and Sevilla and Real Betis don't have one?

Please, can we have a Sevilla forum?
It's a matter of how many posters you have, the Villarreal thread had several usual posters, but sadly there are not sevillistas or beticos. If it were for me, I would have fans of all the teams of Primera, but we have what we have.

If you're able to find "sevillistas" and their thread works fine, no one would have a problem to open a new forum. The idea is to grow, but we don't want empty forums.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
"A good example of how much money the tile industry can generate".
hehe... it must be painful to see how a town of 40,000 people is better than the team of your city. :pp
 

·
I Need More Cowbell!
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koeman4 said:
mmm... this would not be correct, because the ones that know well the Spanish football know that clubs like Elche, Hercules or Castellon have a long history in Primera, despite their current situation.
And exactly how Elche, Hercules and/or Castellon have anything to do with Villarreal's lack of history? I never generalized saying all 'segundona' clubs had no history, just talking about Villarreal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
Loco said:
And exactly how Elche, Hercules and/or Castellon have anything to do with Villarreal's lack of history? I never generalized saying all 'segundona' clubs had no history, just talking about Villarreal.
You said 'the other team from el País Valencià', and there are lots of other important teams from there, like K4 said.

As for the forum description, I like what K4 and Che said, at least it's better than 'talk about Villarreal' :rolleyes:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Loco said:
And exactly how Elche, Hercules and/or Castellon have anything to do with Villarreal's lack of history? I never generalized saying all 'segundona' clubs had no history, just talking about Villarreal.
Nothing. As Setzer says, there are at least 3 clubs (maybe Levante and Alcoyano also deserve a menction) which have more tradition and history than Villarreal to be considered the "other team of the País Valencià". Besides, also Levante is there. Anyway, I'm just giving ideas, not trying to give lessons. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
Do we want K4 original version or the revised part that I added??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
Che said:
Do we want K4 original version or the revised part that I added??
"Founded in 1923 and popularly known as 'The Yellow Submarine', the team of La Plana Baixa has grown from the low cathegories to be a top team of La Liga and proud winner of 2 Intertoto Cups".

I just wouldn't add the 'join the Villarreal revolution', but that's just me.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top