Xtratime Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, she did but she hasn't been around for months and has basically given up on this forum.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Oh I love pissing you off, I imagine you're pretty damn sexy when you're angry. It gives me a funny feeling "down there".

Quite the opposite actually.

OK, now I realise the style enforced here and there obviously is a sub-layer.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Did I say I wanted to close the Kafka thread? We'll find a solution for it (and it's already being discussed with Kafka himself). But let's first see if we can revive the Aston Villa forum. However, since hardly anyone of the regular Kafka posters is interested in Aston Villa, I think this won't happen.
I thought Kafka died in the 20s?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Styg

This thread is the oldest and most historical thread of Xtratime in case you din't know.

Its the most social thread EVER.... anyone is welcomed..... even the guy that most had an issue with it, which was Dae, he is welcomed in it!

With all respect, Don't you have something better to do than to close it?

For example.... why don't you close the brazilian forum, as it is a dead forum also? Ever since the Kafka gang left that forum, it became a dead house. That would definitly free up some bandwidth for the website:)

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Did I say I wanted to close the Kafka thread? We'll find a solution for it (and it's already being discussed with Kafka himself).
Who is this "we" and why Kafka, the poster? Why not me and here? I ask loads of questions and you talk to ma like Im a whining kid who needs to be send away

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I just want to point out that the thread just happens to be named after my nick, I can't speak for the others. I can discuss solutions, though, and I hope it can be something better than simply moving the thread to Xtratime lounge. The thread is not a secret society - in fact new people are always welcomed there - but Alexx and Ze have a point when they say (in the Kafka thread) that in being just another thread in the Lounge it's bound to be bombarded by people annoyed by it...which is fine when happening every now and then like in here, but will take out all the fun if done constantly.

But Styg, a word of advice, you might want to postpone the "hot down there" stuff until this matter is closed...it just makes it a bit harder to take you as an objective person concerned about the forum structure of Xtratime.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...which is fine when happening every now and then like in here, but will take out all the fun if done constantly.
....and not only taking out the fun, but then changed to a thread at constant risk of being a problem thread and thus eventually indeed a matter of stopped for good. Maybe that is the plan anyway, then it is a very good move to suggest what was suggested.

Also, utterly unlike when it happened, now it starts to become a tiny little bit interesting, who actually is the user who minded to register a new nick just for planting the "idiots" etc stuff in the Kafka thread and why so close to that, suddenly so great concerns about one of the low traffic forums are arising.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Please elaborate.

But Styg, a word of advice, you might want to postpone the "hot down there" stuff until this matter is closed...it just makes it a bit harder to take you as an objective person concerned about the forum structure of Xtratime.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I'll only stick to finding a solution to this. If these guys are decided on closing the Aston Villa forum, then the thread is gone. And I don't like the idea of having this as another thread in the Lounge. So there remain two solutions:

1. Move this to the Lazio forum, I'm a FM there. But I don't think that's a good solution, for two reasons. First, I can be a FM there because it's a peaceful sensible forum. When it stops being that (and it has happened so many times in the history of that forum) I neither want to be a FM nor have the Kafka thread there. Second, it would most certainly attract the haters.

2. Create a "Kafka-thread" subforum to the Xtratime Lounge, like they have the "Future Stars" etc subforums under "World Football". If the admins are worried about easy navigating, it would certainly not cause problems in that. Plus there's a precedent, this "Paquador" thread in South American football. If they can have a forum for one off-topic thread in the South American section, then surely it should be possible to have one under the Xtratime lounge? For us, it would most probably create new traffic to the thread at first (both of the good and the bad kind), but I'm sure after a while it would normal out...

So I think that if we could agree on the option 2, we'd have a solution. Perhaps it's not perfect, but I'd like to think the most important thing is to keep the thread alive...

I really have nothing more to say to this.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
If you give a subforum to Kafka, they have to give one to FFP, and that's not happening ;)

·
*the drum drum*
42,533 Posts
Guys, I'm not really familiar with the way your threads have gone in the past, but am I right to assume that it's just very random discussion?

I'm just trying to think whether it's best suited to remaining in a thread format (like it has for over a decade!), or whether a sub-forum is a viable option. The thing with a sub-forum is that you anticipate people will open new threads and if that's going to ruin the way it has worked for so long then it isn't necessarily a good thing.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Styg

This thread is the oldest and most historical thread of Xtratime in case you din't know.

Its the most social thread EVER.... anyone is welcomed..... even the guy that most had an issue with it, which was Dae, he is welcomed in it!

With all respect, Don't you have something better to do than to close it?

For example.... why don't you close the brazilian forum, as it is a dead forum also? Ever since the Kafka gang left that forum, it became a dead house. That would definitly free up some bandwidth for the website:)
Again, we're not looking to close the Kafka thread. This forum, however, is a different matter. We'd like to speak to the forum regulars about how to improve traffic in this forum, how to make it more active. If it stays like it is now, we're going to close it. Empty forums are not a pretty sight to see. So in that case, we'll have to find a solution for the Kafka thread.

I just want to point out that the thread just happens to be named after my nick, I can't speak for the others. I can discuss solutions, though, and I hope it can be something better than simply moving the thread to Xtratime lounge. The thread is not a secret society - in fact new people are always welcomed there - but Alexx and Ze have a point when they say (in the Kafka thread) that in being just another thread in the Lounge it's bound to be bombarded by people annoyed by it...which is fine when happening every now and then like in here, but will take out all the fun if done constantly.
Where do you get the idea that people are annoyed by the Kafka thread? I'm curious. In any case, I'm not annoyed by it at all.

Nah that was just a reply to kat's inability to have a proper conversation with us about how to revive this forum.

....and not only taking out the fun, but then changed to a thread at constant risk of being a problem thread and thus eventually indeed a matter of stopped for good. Maybe that is the plan anyway, then it is a very good move to suggest what was suggested.

Also, utterly unlike when it happened, now it starts to become a tiny little bit interesting, who actually is the user who minded to register a new nick just for planting the "idiots" etc stuff in the Kafka thread and why so close to that, suddenly so great concerns about one of the low traffic forums are arising.
What new user? Could you post a link to the post(s)? We check forum activity every now and then and the Aston Villa forum has been on our radar for quite some time now. But this has nothing to do with anyone posting in the Kafka thread.

I'll only stick to finding a solution to this. If these guys are decided on closing the Aston Villa forum, then the thread is gone. And I don't like the idea of having this as another thread in the Lounge. So there remain two solutions:

1. Move this to the Lazio forum, I'm a FM there. But I don't think that's a good solution, for two reasons. First, I can be a FM there because it's a peaceful sensible forum. When it stops being that (and it has happened so many times in the history of that forum) I neither want to be a FM nor have the Kafka thread there. Second, it would most certainly attract the haters.

2. Create a "Kafka-thread" subforum to the Xtratime Lounge, like they have the "Future Stars" etc subforums under "World Football". If the admins are worried about easy navigating, it would certainly not cause problems in that. Plus there's a precedent, this "Paquador" thread in South American football. If they can have a forum for one off-topic thread in the South American section, then surely it should be possible to have one under the Xtratime lounge? For us, it would most probably create new traffic to the thread at first (both of the good and the bad kind), but I'm sure after a while it would normal out...

So I think that if we could agree on the option 2, we'd have a solution. Perhaps it's not perfect, but I'd like to think the most important thing is to keep the thread alive...

I really have nothing more to say to this.
I'm not in favor of creating a new forum just for 1 thread.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I'm not in favor of creating a new forum just for 1 thread.
What's the harm? I mean, why do you care so much? If navigating is the issue, another forum in the bottom of the list adds very little. Besides, I just checked out that there are tons of inactive forums down there (as well as elsewhere in Xtratime). Since you guys are closing all of them, surely there's room for one new forum. At least ours would be guaranteed to be active. And there are no other 10 year-old threads anyway, so you wouldn't need to cave in to other such requests.

By the way, is the Paquador forum a stone in your shoe, as well? You know it's really hard for you to argue for the existence of that forum, and not give us one...

Anyway, it's no use repeating that you don't want to close the Kafka-thread. We all know that we can start offtopic threads in the Xtratime lounge. If you really want to help us out, you must offer something more than that...because that amounts only to offering us that we have the same posting rights as the other posters of Xtratime.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
The crocket forum has 0 thread in the last 30 days

the paquador forum has 1 thread

here has 3 threads.

Why did you guys come here first?

Why din't you ALREADY CLOSE the other Forum as no one goes there and half the moderatores don't even post anymore?

and the paquador, why aren't you guys closing the forum.... cause taking by your perspective (as posted in this thread), it is a useless forum, cause its stands for nothing.

here is the Aston Villa forum... a traditional club from the midlands in England :) Football related... :)

my 2 cents :)

·
Administrator
52,359 Posts

Actually this would be a good solution in my opinion. Lazio forum is fairly quiet and peaceful forum, generally mellow in intensitity. It used to be bit troublesome ages ago, but havent noticed any of that in a very long time. Only that happens is few quips and retorts regardling Rome derbies, but that too is just bit semi-polite stuff, hehe.

Plus you are Lazio fan, and if I recall Aquila who posts in your OT thread is also, fits a bit, shouldnt be a problem to take care of a single OT thread in a generally bit chill part of the italian section.

·
*the drum drum*
42,533 Posts
Ze,

When a sub-forum is inactive, the shut down period for it is usually a matter of days. A decision is made rather quickly, and then the entire contents of that forum is either moved into another forum, or merged into a single thread and placed somewhere else.

This case is different so it's being handled differently. It would be stupid to take the ruthless route here, that's why we are "here first". There have been in the past, and will be in the future, other forums that will be shut down without receiving this courtesy.

Aston Villa is a traditional club, is football related, yet is also a club who has only had three threads opened in the last 14 months (discounting the one Wally just opened). You like to point out that one forum hasn't had a thread in 30 days, but this one hasn't had one in over 60 days.

I just don't see a reason for the paranoia and finger pointing.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts