Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The final is upon us, it will be played on Wednesday night at 20:00 local time at the İzmir Atatürk stadium.

I guess in a gesture of sportsmanship, Luis Aragones and Mustafa Denizli will attend a joint press conference today at 17:00, and both captains will also be in attendance.

There's no saying how much Beşiktaş cares about this match. On one hand, Fenerbahçe almost cost them the title last weekend (if not for Sivasspor's self imploding) and is taking the piss with pathetic t-shirts. On the other hand, they want the league title not the cup and they probably won't want this match to take too much attention from their prime aim.

Anyway, only a few of us were even born the last time Fenerbahçe won this thing, so for the sake of ridicule let's hope we bring the trophy home :D

"We want a new version of this cup" :D

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Ohoooo Tolga opening the match thread! haha. Its been a while.

We'll probably come out firing again, but Besiktas, much like with Khan from Star Trek II, albeit with no super-intelligence or strength in this case, they'll easily get diverted from the big picture and throw everything away for the day for the sake of getting revenge. If they lose this game, it may well throw them off for the next league game and Sivas could possibly pull ahead once more... who knows.

Anyway, we'll lose. Out of all years of varying degrees of success and failure, particularly failure this time around, why would it be this year we end this shitty cup curse? Doesn't matter to me how much it matters, these guys are so randomly motivated, were the Champions League games not important enough to be motivated? Didn't look like it.

Love the sig by the way, I knew it had to be you writing that bullshit on Antu :howler: :D jkjk

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
I want that jacket Alex is wearing, cok klas.

As far the this match goes... I have bad a bad feeling and I'm trying to mask it with a false sense of confidence (ask Cenk). I care a lot more about beating bjk then actually winning to cup to be honest, however I really want to secure a Europa cup spot. I've felt Fenerbahce really need to participate in UEFA/Europa cup in the past few years. I think we could do some damage.

Let's hope Guiza scores again, either adds value to his price tag or gives us some sort of hope for next season.

Aragones is the much superior manager, he's shown this in almost all derbies we've had this season... he's been there done that, and he knows what it takes to win these sort of matches. The question is whether he'll be able to motivate the players.

Ah what a sad year for Fenerbahce and their fans. Started off with Champions League and heavy favourites for the league title but now we're battling for 5th or 4th place and hoping to salvage a shitty Turkish Cup from this god awful seasn.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Would be hilarious if at the end of the day, we actually win something in this comical season.

Match squad:

Volkan Demirel, Volkan Babacan, Ali, Maldonado, Gökhan Gönül, Lugano, Önder, R.Carlos, Josico, Deniz, Emre, Deivid, Kazım, Uğur, Vederson, Semih, Alex, Güiza, Selçuk.

We'll probably revert back to a lone striker formation now that Alex is back.

·
*the drum drum*
42,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a special occasion, I thought it was time to open the thread no matter the cost :eek:

And in regards to the signature, I can't lay claim to such insight. I laughed at first and ridiculed the proposed idea, but then I thought back to South Park the movie and how they proposed the use of a wall of zenci's as the front line. It's genius, and we must spread the message.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
It was a special occasion, I thought it was time to open the thread no matter the cost :eek:

And in regards to the signature, I can't lay claim to such insight. I laughed at first and ridiculed the proposed idea, but then I thought back to South Park the movie and how they proposed the use of a wall of zenci's as the front line. It's genius, and we must spread the message.
Totally agreed :howler:

Oh man, although Antu is full of the oddest of people, you can't help but just laugh at the shit they do.

Zenci - Zenci - Zenci :howler:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
we're gonna lose cause tolga opened a match day thread instead of continuing in the ftc cup thread. totemi bozdu

thats my excuse at least

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
If Fenerbahce wins this cup tomorrow, I expect a fair few Anti-Fenerli's to reduce the importance of this trophy.
One day its "Fenerbahce hasn't won this trophy in 26 (?) years, they are so pathetic" the next it's "yeah, Fenerbahce won the trophy, but it's a stupid tournament anyways that doesn't mean anything".
Honestly, I really want FB to win this. Not just to confirm a place in Europe next season, but to start to build some positive momentum heading into the final days of negotiating contracts and starting to think of summer transfers.
I'm hoping that a cup win puts a second thought in Lugano's mind that maybe things are going to get better next year if he stays in Kadikoy :hopeful:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Nice pic Omer lol.

I also still see you are using the most logical of cases for why we're going to lose a game, from opening a match thread to not making a video :howler:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
On another note this IS a useless ass trophy... a tournament that should've been played by our B team entirely... wasn't that what Sekip said last season anyway? lol, nerden nereye.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Though i think in general this tin cup isnt much important...due to how bad our season has gone i think this should be priority and the players should realise that a lot rests on this win

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
This last remaining match in the cup is the only thing I have much interest in until the end of the season. I just can't wait for next season to start either...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Inonu ve Alsancak Panteri ;) :yuck:
Alsancak Panteri? are you suggesting Guiza is going to end up playing keeper in this game?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts