Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might know this year will be the first time a Formula 1 race will be held in Istanbul or Türkiye for that matter. :)

This is something a great city like Istanbul have been missing out on for years. If allah is willing ill will try to make this race in August some time.....:thmbup:

I thought i might show some pics of the track:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is how it will look like in the end:

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
The name of the track is "Otodrom"

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:howler:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Truly a world-class track. Seems as if the project is coming along well... I can't wait till I'm there! :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just cant wait to hear the sound of a Ferraris, Mercedes', BMW's, Toyota's, Honda's.....viinnnnnn viiiiinnnn :D

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
i will join the race. with the ford team yeah :D

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
A historical year in the Turkish sporting calender. First the hosting of the Champion's League final in May and second the first ever F1 Grand Prix in the country.

The track looks pretty challenging, particularly in the middle sector. Considering that it was designed by track guru Hermann Tilke, I find it somewhat surprising that there is not much of those famous Tilkesque long straights followed by hairpins :D

The Istanbul track will only be the third F1 track to be raced anti-clockwise, along with Imola and Interlagos. Noticed all the anti-clockwise tracks all start with the letter "I" ;)

If my work schedule permits, I'll be arranging a trip to Turkey later in the year, either for the Champion's League final or the F1 race, though at the present moment the F1 race looks more likely.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Come and see both :) you cannot finish traveling istanbul be sure ;)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
when is the race in istanbul? and which grand prix race of the season is it??

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some track stats:

Pist uzunluğu 5.378 (m)
Pist genişliği 12,5 - 21,5 (m)
Çevreyolu uzunluğu 5.482 (m)
İç yolların toplam uzunluğu 2.286 (m)
Pist toplam viraj sayısı 13 adet
Pist toplam viraj sayısı (sağ) 6 adet
Pist toplam viraj sayısı (sol) 7 adet
Pist toplam düzlük sayısı 4 adet
En keskin viraj yarı çapı 15 (m)
Pist en uzun düzlük 720 (m)
Start-Finish düzlüğü uzunluğu 655,5 (m)
Teorik maksimum hız 320,58 km/h
Pist düşey kurp sayısı 16 adet
Pistteki en yüksek boyuna eğim 08,145 (%)
Altgeçit sayısı 2 adet
Üstgeçit sayısı 2 adet
Kullanılacak lastik bariyer sayısı 124.000 adet

Ana tribün 30.000 kişi
Geçici tribün 60.000 kişi
Doğal tribün 60.000 kişi
V.I.P. Locaları kapasitesi 5.000 kişi
Toplam otopark kapasitesi 20.000 araç

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing this race too. I have been following F1 for a few years now so a race in Istanbul sounds brilliant! :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Okans girl said:
I am looking forward to seeing this race too. I have been following F1 for a few years now so a race in Istanbul sounds brilliant! :thumbsup: :cool:
i am looking forward to seeing this awsome Race aswell :thmbup:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The teams are coming one by one to Istanbul.

If you havent heard it yer Istanbul will host it's first Formula 1 race this weekend in the newly built Istanbul Park. :)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I usually don't watch Formula 1 but I will watch this race.

I've read some interview with drivers, teams and sportscommentators who have arrived in Turkey and they all seem very happy with the track and the surroundings. :)

·
Master Debater
20,981 Posts
Nice looking track, but its pretty much the only one I've ever seen a sketch of. I have difficulty understanding how one can enjoy watching cars go around in circles. But to those who do enjoy it, have fun.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Manny said:
I usually don't watch Formula 1 but I will watch this race.

I've read some interview with drivers, teams and sportscommentators who have arrived in Turkey and they all seem very happy with the track and the surroundings. :)
Oh man ....that's the best thing you can do on a sunday afternoon with a big headache from your hangover,

Vinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..............viinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....for two hours.....it's the only cure together with a huge pizza! :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts