Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 783 Posts

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's still a rumour but it seems like Dani Güiza of Mallorca has passed a medical and will sign for Fenerbahçe when Euro 2008 ends according to spanish daily Marca.

They're saying he passed a medical in Münich last week and the price will be about 15 million Euros.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
u know we do have a transfer rumours thread :D

anyways, he would seem like a good signing. top scorer of la liga but some of the turks wern't too keen on him.

·
*the drum drum*
43,484 Posts
€15m would be his release clause, so I hope it wasn't paid in full.

He's quite decent but only proven for a single season, he made his break out year at 28, about 5 years too late if you ask me. But anything can happen with it from here, he does have a good presence in the penalty box amongst other things.

I think we could've done better at this price (for one, Nihat!), but if it happens it happens, at least it's a signing at the will of the incoming manager.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I'm curious why Fenerbahce would do the medical now and give the club the green light to sign him. What if he gets hurt in the remaining days of Euro 2008? Makes me think that this is the logic of the Turkish media, and that they are the source :D

As for the player...he kind of looks like he could be Turkish ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The source is Spanish media. Fener has a pre-agreement with the guy (who is a Basque) - you pay 15 million and you can get him, you pay top salary (3 million after-tax x 4 years) and you can get him. Guiza has to wait until the end of the tournament and if Fener's bid is the best, he'll come over to Turkey. Or Fener may find a better alternative, but so far this looks like the deal.

P.S. His name sounds like Basque, but ethnically he's a gitano and his goal celebrations are an exact copy of the fellow Jerez gitano Kiko Navaez.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
exactlyyyyyyy thats what im talking about, for muchhh less then that price, u can pick up very hot prospects if u knw wer to look, which will be much better players then Guiza.
Yeah I agree.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Hopefully not another Kezman :(

I can't deal with that. I don't get why the fukk Aziz is so hellbent on getting a damn foreign striker. Mehmet Yildiz is still out there, Burak Yilmaz is out there. C'mon man, Turkish strikers aren't Ronaldo, but they're still decent. Derdiyok even said he'd consider a move to us!

ARGH

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
so you guys dont want the top scorer of the spanish league because he's 27 years old? :wth: i dont think fener will buy him anyway.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
this guy would be worse then kezman, and that moron for a coach we're trying to sign would be worse then lorant... history repeats itself... if we bring these two clowns to our team then we can kiss all of last years accomplishments goodbye... Semih is 100 times the player guiza is, and Zico is 234870602987609238760982098367234609876342097623478964298204760982467029634 times the person and coach then whatever the **** his name is.

I dont' want either one of these clowns at our team.

·
*the drum drum*
43,484 Posts
For €15m, a fair bit more could be purchased than a player who at this stage has had one memorable season, and isn't exactly young enough for it to be considered his 'entrance' into football. Nor can it be considered something like with Luis Fabiano since Guiza hasn't actually played football outside of Spain until now, there was no adaption to go through.

What seperates Guiza right now from being considered the Spanish version of say, Zafer Biryol or Okan Yılmaz? There isn't much noise about him leaving Mallorca at this stage, no other Spanish clubs are jumping on his bandwagon so it makes you think a little.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
to be honest, i havent ever seen him play, but lately there have been a lot of strikers who made a name for theirselves around the age of 28. makaay or luca toni come to mind.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
fener looks like instead of going forward which they were doing it, they have kind of stopped.
mistakes like Zico, a man who knew the team, didnt cost as much as other managers, an its not like another manager is going to do better
2nd is, their going after already famous expensive players, instead of finding and developing their own hot young profitable prospects

i mean 3m salary for Guiza sheshhhhhhh, :eek: most of the players in real are only earning aroun 2.5m apart from Raul.

·
*the drum drum*
43,484 Posts
Luca Toni and Kanoute were always known to be talented players, they were known and things were expected of them, it just took them time to deliver. I'd put that on par with something like if Okan Koc magically began to deliver on the promise he showed early on.

Guiza, barely anyone even knew his name a year ago.

1 - 20 of 783 Posts