Xtratime Community banner

Former Manager - Fatih Terim

30K views 857 replies 59 participants last post by  Efsaneler 
#1 ·
It is official Fatih Terim is the new coach of Galatasaray.

#4 ·
Wrong Timing

I Think Terim's timing is not correct. I would have love to see Lucescu continue next year and bring on Terim after that. He has to do better than Lucescu in the CL. I am sure he is aiming for the final's in the CL anything less will be a disappointment. I welcome him also and wish he can fulfill his and our dreams. THANK YOU LUCESCU.

#6 ·
Galatasaray announced on Monday that Fatih Terim has replaced Mircea Lucescu as coach, just one week after the Romanian had led the club to the Super League title.

"Fatih Terim is our new coach," vice-president Ali Durust confirmed. "All further details will be revealed at a press conference on Tuesday.

"We are very proud of what Lucescu achieved as coach of Galatasaray because he is a real gentleman and we thank him for everything he has done at the club."

The news will delight Galatasaray fans and players alike. Terim has no equal at Galatasaray who he led to four successive championships between 1997 and 2000.

He also guided the club to their first major European trophy when GS beat Arsenal in a penalty shoot-out in the 2000 Uefa Cup final.

Terim has been out of a job since being sacked by AC Milan in November.

The announcement was made following a five-hour meeting with chairman Ozhan Canaydin, other members of the board and Lucescu, whose contract at the club had expired.

"Mircea Lucescu told us that he had accomplished his mission and he has left his job at Galatasaray," Durust added. "He earned the gratitude of us all for his self-sacrificing work and we thank him."

Lucescu is now being linked with the vacant Besiktas job following Christoph Daum's decision to quit the club on Sunday.

Speculation surrounding Lucescu's future intensified as soon as his side had clinched the title eight days ago. The newly-crowned Turkish champions had turned to politician and lifelong fan Mehmet Agar for help in their bid to lure Terim back to the club.

That is known to have stunned Lucescu, who was already preparing next season's assault on the last eight of the Champions' League.

Lucescu's position had looked in doubt as far back as December when GS vice-president Fatih Altayli insisted the club would do everything possible to get Terim back. "Lucescu is a very professional coach, but Terim is a Galatasaray man," he said.

"Terim is always the emperor in our hearts," top scorer Arif Erdem declared last week. "Everybody saw what we did in Turkey and Europe with him."

#7 ·
man i liked that Lucescu guy. Im sad at him getting replaced after winning the title but Terim is a god in Galatasaray so i can understand your happiness.

Has he got the funds to be more successful in europe though (ie the champions league)

#8 ·
Perfect news for GS. Now President of GS must spend a lot of money, as Fener is becoming stronger and stronger, and surely Fener has the strongest players in Turkey. And the coach they have is quite strong too. SO , new president needs to do really a lot to make GS champions again.
But still, one of the best coaches is back...Terim is da man-that is for sure:)

#9 ·
Rijkaard'ın yerine Fatih Terim

Galatasaray, Milan'ın istediği Hollandalı hocanın yerine teknik direktör arayışlarına başladı. Başkan Polat dün akşam teknesinde Terim ile görüştü.

Sarı-Kırmızılılar’ın anlaşma sağlaması halinde ise Fatih Terim Galatasaray’a üçüncü kez teknik direktör olarak dönecek.

All speculation and rumours at this point. I'm almost 100% sure Terim is on his way back to Galatasaray.

#14 ·
For the sake of Galatasaray hopefully it doesn't happen, but you know, and I know, that if this kiro wanted to manage any team in Turkiye all of the yonetim's would be bending over.

The official website has denied it. Ama don't be suprised at all if he returns.

Daum and Terim managing a team in the same league :howler:.

#17 ·
#21 ·
Maybe some of you will eat your words, who knows. He's back 100%..

His daughter said it on twitter.. fukking twitter.

#22 ·
IF Terim runs into any remote success at Galatasaray it will not by any means be long-term prosperity or progress for the club as a whole. He’s good at about one thing and as we all know that’s motivating players. That wears thin quite quickly and is only usually a characteristic that brings about short-term results.

He will no doubt contribute to the pile of wasted money by the club in the past years. Instead of players competing with their abilities, their success on the team will be more dependent on how much they worship the ground Terim walks on. Terim is respected throughout Turkiye and is probably one of the only Turkish managers who would actually be given complete control of transfers, etc—which is a good thing unless it’s Terim in charge. He’ll have an inflated contract without a doubt, not to mention he likes spending a lot on transfers. He’ll stick around as long as he feels, giving him a lot of time to cause a lot of damage.

He’s failed virtually in every single role he’s ever been appointed to aside from the UEFA Cup era with Galatasaray, where he proved he could be a good manager. I guess pre-egotistical, power hungry Terim would be a good manager to bring on at this time but with the reality of it all considered, it is just terrible.

#28 ·
That whole tournament involved Turkey playing football for a total of about 93 minutes. 90 of them in the losing semi-final against Germany.

The result on paper and emotionally was great, but it's not attributed to good management in any way beyond the token "motivation", which is the only thing any pro-Terim campaigner can clutch to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.