Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the game against Bilbao showed how effective Ronnie is when he's playing in the middle of the field in a free role. But for Ronnie to play in the centre, in our current formation, the problem that it creates is that Eto'o has to play on the wing where he isn't nearly as effective. So what formation can we play to use the combined talents of Eto'o and Ronaldinho up the middle?

The one that comes to mind to me is the Totti-Cassano formation at Roma, where Totti sort of plays like the withdrawn striker. But going to that sort of formation may mean we lose some width. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
337 Posts
4-3-1-2

--------------------Valdez----------------------

belletti--------puyol-----olequer---------sylvinho

-----------------marquez-----------------------
---------Xavi------------------Deco------------

-----------------Ronaldinho---------------------

---------Maxi------------------Eto´o-----------

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Angel Cappa said once: "You have to be wide to be deep". I don't see Rijkaard changing the formation, he likes to play with theorical wings, because it creates more spaces in the rivals defenses. If the full backs have to take care of the wings, they don't help that much to the CDs. That's the objective of our coach.

It's true that Ronaldinho is more effective in the center. Although he plays in the theorical possition of the wing, he has freedom to move to the center whenever he wants. Yesterday, he did so, as he did it last season. Then he creates the best chances.

We can talk about what we would do, if we were Rijkaard, but he's not going to play with a diamond in the midfield.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I think we could be more effective with Ronnie in a central role a possible formation change. Problem is that I think either Xavi or Deco (probably Xavi) would have to be dropped and a new midfielder brought in. As we saw against Chelsea, with our current formation breaking down a tough defense can be difficult for Eto'o as he gets too isolated IMO.

Along K4's lines, gatudiktaren's formation wouldn't work as we'd have no depth.

·
Registered
337 Posts
here is a formation im using on PES4, and it works like magic

-------------------Goalie---------------------

----------RB--------CB---------LB-----------

---------------DM-------DM-----------------

-------------------OMF---------------------
RW--------------------------------------LW

-----------CF----------------CF------------

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of using 3 dedicated CBs instead of 2 and 2 half-defending full backs. But like the others have said, I really doubt Rijkaard will change. Plus, it's up to Ronaldinho to move to the center since he has the freedom. He just didn't before because of a lack in confidence. I think he's starting to pick up, but his confidence won't be in full swing until he scores from one of his mazy runs through the opponent's defense.

·
Registered
337 Posts
this is not a thread about weither or not frank will make a change or not.....but how to make formations to get ronaldinho more in the middle....

·
40,147 Posts
gatudiktaren said:
here is a formation im using on PES4, and it works like magic

-------------------Goalie---------------------

----------RB--------CB---------LB-----------

---------------DM-------DM-----------------

-------------------OMF---------------------
RW--------------------------------------LW

-----------CF----------------CF------------
PES4 is a brilliant game, but I don't think that the system used in a videogame could be so easy to bring it to reality. Last year, we started the season with a system that used 2 DMs, the 4-2-3-1, and we failed. Since Davids came, we played the 4-3-3 and everything changed. The results have been brilliant since then. We did an amazing 2nd half of the season and this year we're beating records in La Liga.

Of course, Ronaldinho is more effective in the center, but it also depends on him. The problem is not the system, he achieved the Golden Ball already playing in the theorical position of the left wing. The difference is that last year, he was more confident. Rijkaard is not Van Gaal, he doesn't force Ronaldinho to be sticked in the left. When he feels comfortable and confident, he tends to play in the middle, as he did against Milan, Chelsea or even yesterday. The problem is that I see him very anxious this season. For example, yesterday, he did a great half, but in the second he tried to do the "action of the century" 4 or 5 times, dribbling defenses from the midfield. He doesn't need to do so, he does it because he needs to score a goal like that to feel more confident.

He needs to calm down a bit. I think that this is the only problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
gatudiktaren said:
4-3-1-2

--------------------Valdez----------------------

belletti--------puyol-----olequer---------sylvinho

-----------------marquez-----------------------
---------Xavi------------------Deco------------

-----------------Ronaldinho---------------------

---------Maxi------------------Eto´o-----------

this is like AC milan's formation and I think putting ronnie in center would be better but with 2 strikers I don't see how Guily or iniesta wil be able to play.

·
Registered
337 Posts
im aware of that it is a videogame, im not that stupid...im just making a few suggestions..i also think its on him if he want to, in attacking anything should be allowed, its when its defence you gotta stay in ya place

·
40,147 Posts
gatudiktaren said:
im aware of that it is a videogame, im not that stupid...im just making a few suggestions..i also think its on him if he want to, in attacking anything should be allowed, its when its defence you gotta stay in ya place
ok... the only thing that I say is that Rijkaard won't change the system. Secondly, I would not touch what it's working fine. Finally, that everything depends on Ronnie, when he has a good day, he's unstoppable.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that post-Davids arriving last season, we were playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Anyway, apart from the Milan and the 3 CB, 2 DM formations already suggested here are what I see as options...

-------------Valdes-------------

--Belleti--Puyol--Oleguer--Sylvinho

---------Marquez---DM??--------

--Guily------Ronaldinho-----LW??

--------------Eto'o-------------

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

--Belleti--Puyol--Oleguer--Sylvinho

---------Marquez---Xavi--------

--Guily---------------------LM??

----------------Ronaldinho-----

--------------Eto'o-------------

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I think we will see some changes in the formation for next season. It would be nice to try Eto'o and Ronnie in the centre... but the one time we tried a similar antic with Larsson and Eto'o in the centre, we managed only a 1-0 win - barely, at that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think next season we should play this.

--------------Valdes---------------------

----Belleti---Puyol---Marques---Sylvino---

------Deco------Roman------Xavi--------

---------------Ronaldinho----------------

---------Larson------------Eto'o---------

I know that you guys might think that Roman cant play in that formation, but no one thought that Pirlo can play for Milan and now he is one of the most consistant players that they have.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i dont think that will work man... too many stars in the line up plus riquelme cant play that far back he doesnt defend well :D u have him covering ronaldinho thats a DM's job ....

·
Registered
744 Posts
KnoccOut said:
i dont think that will work man... too many stars in the line up plus riquelme cant play that far back he doesnt defend well :D u have him covering ronaldinho thats a DM's job ....

Well you can also play more defensively with couple of changes:

belleti---Puyol-----Marques---Sylvino--

------------Edmilson-----------------

-----Deco-----Roman------Xavi-----

------------------Ronaldinho----------

-------------Eto'o--------------------

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
barcamkd33, a team in Spain can only have 3 non-EU players... Eto'o+Ronaldinho+Marquez+Riquelme = 4.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Barcawinner said:
barcamkd33, a team in Spain can only have 3 non-EU players... Eto'o+Ronaldinho+Marquez+Riquelme = 4.
Isn't Eto'o getting a spanish passport this summer? Thats why I thought bringing back Roman would not be a problem with the non-Eu players

1 - 20 of 26 Posts