Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Eduardo is injured, and with van Persie not looking like he is going to be ready for at least another few weeks, we are now left with Adebayor, Bendtner and Walcott as our only fit avaliable strikers. What formation would people prefer and what formation do people think Wenger will use over the next coming weeks?

I think in the Milan game Wenger will definantly play 4-5-1 as it seems that is his prefered formation to play against big teams whether it is home or away.

In the league though I would prefer that Wenger chooses to play 4-4-2. I think it is safe to say that Adebayor has cemented his place in the XI with his goal scoring record this season, but the question is who isto play next to him. Bendtner hasn't looked lively for a while now, although in his defence it hasn't helped that he has been coming on late in games or played in games where the team just crumbled (Spurs and United). Walcott on the other hand has been inconsistent, but I want to see him against Villa on Saturday. He was a lot better on Saturday after he scored and that is because his goals gave him confidence. Also playing through the middle will allow him to play his best position and let us really see how far he has come a long.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Benjie said:
Now that Eduardo is injured, and with van Persie not looking like he is going to be ready for at least another few weeks, we are now left with Adebayor, Bendtner and Walcott as our only fit avaliable strikers. What formation would people prefer and what formation do people think Wenger will use over the next coming weeks?

I think in the Milan game Wenger will definantly play 4-5-1 as it seems that is his prefered formation to play against big teams whether it is home or away.

In the league though I would prefer that Wenger chooses to play 4-4-2. I think it is safe to say that Adebayor has cemented his place in the XI with his goal scoring record this season, but the question is who isto play next to him. Bendtner hasn't looked lively for a while now, although in his defence it hasn't helped that he has been coming on late in games or played in games where the team just crumbled (Spurs and United). Walcott on the other hand has been inconsistent, but I want to see him against Villa on Saturday. He was a lot better on Saturday after he scored and that is because his goals gave him confidence. Also playing through the middle will allow him to play his best position and let us really see how far he has come a long.
Sans RVP 4-5-1 it will be.

Hleb/Eboue/Walcott will rotate on the RW and Hleb/Diaby/Rosicky on the LW, also we will see Hleb play just behind Ade.

There is very little to suggest that Adebayor and Bendtner can form a productive partnership.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Tunis.... what is Sans?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Sans = Minus.

The good news is that Van Persie is back in training this week. He is a little bit short for the Aston Villa game, but will take his place on the bench in Milan (especially now that Eduardo is injured). AW has already stated his hope that RvP can inspire us during the crucial run-in period. No doubt he has the talent.

I believe that once Persie is back it'll be 4-4-2, until then it will be 4-5-1 with Hleb just behind Adebayor - certainly for the next two games, I think.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Cruyff14 said:
How the Hell does that work lol :pp
Sans means "without" in French, and the word probably entered the English lexicon after the Norman Conquest in 1066. Originally, it probably comes from Latin.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Madridista4 said:
Sans = Minus.

The good news is that Van Persie is back in training this week. He is a little bit short for the Aston Villa game, but will take his place on the bench in Milan (especially now that Eduardo is injured). AW has already stated his hope that RvP can inspire us during the crucial run-in period. No doubt he has the talent.

I believe that once Persie is back it'll be 4-4-2, until then it will be 4-5-1 with Hleb just behind Adebayor - certainly for the next two games, I think.
Why 4-5-1 against ateam we should simply attack. Eboue brings the ball foward but just can't score. He will be a serious liability in the end. Lets have walcott playing there.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Walcott sucks on the wing.

He will get his cameo appearences.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Zimhidzo said:
Why 4-5-1 against ateam we should simply attack. Eboue brings the ball foward but just can't score. He will be a serious liability in the end. Lets have walcott playing there.
Eboue and Walcott will rotate.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
If we get Rosicky back Wenger will go 4-5-1 playing Eboue / Rosicky / Walcott on the wings with Hleb just behind Adebayor especially in away games.

At home Walcott or Bendtner will partner Adebayor, but hopefully this will be academic as RvP will be back soon :hopeful:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts