Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diego Forlan the uruguayan who never really made it at United is on fire at Villareal in Spain.Forlan who struggled to make an Impact at Man Utd for a variety of reasons has so far netted 13 goals in La Liga.
Would you ever consider having Forlan back at Utd,Or could it be considered some sought of mistake to of sold him?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Schumy said:
Diego Forlan the uruguayan who never really made it at United is on fire at Villareal in Spain.Forlan who struggled to make an Impact at Man Utd for a variety of reasons has so far netted 13 goals in La Liga.
Would you ever consider having Forlan back at Utd,Or could it be considered some sought of mistake to of sold him?
He was sh*t at united, selling him was no mistake!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
No, he wasn't suited to the league and the way we play. He isn't United quality, but goodluck to him all the same

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Russell said:
No, he wasn't suited to the league and the way we play. He isn't United quality, but goodluck to him all the same
Do you think Smith,Bellion,Saha and Kleberson are united quality or just plain sh*t?Forlan could've had a fairer run at United also,He wasn't outstanding but wasn't disgraceful either.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
As with most south americans in the premiership, he found it hard to adapt to our culture (or lack of it) and especially the dreadful climate.

Also he never really got a run in the team, on the two occaisons that he did get games he scored well!

I haven't been following his progress at Villareal that closely but I imagine he has the security of knowing he'll be in the starting lineup for the majority of games, most probably inspires his confidence.

Ferguson wouldn't have persevered with him for so long if he didn't have the talent/potential. It's just a shame it never worked out, best of luck to him. :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true Simba,South Americans adapting to England are like fish out of water.

·
Registered
890 Posts
IMO that Bellion or Kleberson should be sacked instead of Diego. Smith and probably Saha are United quality as well as Diego IS. I bet he will show us and everyone what we lost by releasing him...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
He is more suited to the Spanish style of play and is extremely comfortable where he is now - so no, but I hope he can achieve success with Villarreal.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
no i wouldnt, he complained recently that he had few chances at Utd but he had alot and failed to live up to his transfer fee, it wasnt so much that he got few goals but the fact that when he did play he strolled around and didnt look interested in playing for Manchester United

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I wouldnt take him back. I think it was fair to let him go. He just wasnt suited to the Premiership style of play. However, I am sure, all the United fans will wish him well at Villareal

·
International
9,526 Posts
He did well initially. He scored some crucial games in our last championship winning season, but really, he was too light weight. Good on him for doing well in Spain, but just because he's found success with another team doesn't immediately make it a bad move by United to have sold him. If this was a player who had come from Italy to England as in the case of Henry, people would be saying it was due to England being an easier league to score goals in. Could the same be said of Spain? I wouldn't have him back.

D

·
0 Posts
Forlan missed some of the most easiest chances out of all United's strikers of the past decade. The only reason Ferguson persevered with him was because he costed £7 million and he would have looked like a right idiot. He was made to look average in the Prem. No doubt Smith, Saha, Van Nistelrooy and Rooney are better for United.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Do not want him back. He had many chances at United, and did not take them. I am happy to see him do well, but would never want him back.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
NO! I don´t think he is a bad player and he probably had never a real chance at United. But I think he more fits into the spanish league than into the PL.
Nice for Diego that it goes so well in Spain for him. But United does not need him. We´ve Rooney now.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts