Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he has signed an extend contract until 2013 with his former club l'olympique lyonnais.
looks like he gonna have the highest salary of french league.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
The fact that he signed a contract until 2013 does not necessarily mean that he will stay at Lyon. It simply means that those that want him will have to pay a much higher amount of money.

·
Registered
56,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fact that he signed a contract until 2013 does not necessarily mean that he will stay at Lyon. It simply means that those that want him will have to pay a much higher amount of money.
yes, but we are at least certain that the next season he will be still ours. i think he will stay at least 2 years more.

·
Registered
56,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't Diarra sign a contract extension about 6 months before he left?
i think so, that confirm that aulas will put the pressure on the clubs which will try to get benzema.

·
Registered
56,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
filipe, how do you say that in english "club formateur" please?

·
Banned
3,390 Posts
It's naive to believe his new contract doesn't contain a buy-out clause. That's the only reason why players renew their contracts when they are in the international spotlight.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You mean thats the reason LYON renew his contract?

Why would the player be keen on a ridiculous-amount of buyout clauses.

·
Registered
24,126 Posts
It's naive to believe his new contract doesn't contain a buy-out clause. That's the only reason why players renew their contracts when they are in the international spotlight.
Boy-out clauses don't really exist outside Spain. at least I haven't heard of cases of it.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Lyon renew his contract because they know you have to pay a player his worth or he will demand a transfer, you can't have a top class player on boys wages.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,913 Posts
Boy-out clauses don't really exist outside Spain. at least I haven't heard of cases of it.
I think they do exist in Brazil. Not sure though.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
they do, but hardly anyone has one in other countries, in Spain it's compulsory.

Damien Duff had one at Blackburn and Chelsea met it.

·
Third Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,100 Posts
filipe, how do you say that in english "club formateur" please?
Doesn't club formateur refer to the club that a player started his career with? If so, I think "boyhood club" is probably the closest term in English.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts