Xtratime Community banner

Foreigners 2014/15

717 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Zico 10 
#1 ·
So what's the latest rule? Max 8? Well let's assume it will be 8 anyway, doubt it'll be more. We currently have 9 foreigners at the club and 3 out on loan which makes 12 in total. Who would you want to let go and if your list happens to fall below the limit who would you like to see at the club? I personally would keep Sow, Kuyt, Emenike, Webo, Alves and call back Stoch. Sow and Emenike are both just beast up forward. Kuyt is a battery that never dies and Webo is probably the most influential back-up in Super Lig and Alves completes our CB with Egemen. Get rid of Meireles, Holmen, Baroni and both Yobo and Krasic who are out on loan. I'm 50/50 with Kadlec tbh. We havent got any other proper replacement at the back and it seems like Kadlec doesn't mind being on the bench from the looks of it. We also don't have Europe to worry about so we can gamble with Kadlec for another season and if he happens to be decent he might even cut Alves who'll turn 34 in 15/16 if we happen to qualify for Europe.

#2 ·
I would only keep Sow, Emenike, Kladec and Alves with Stoch. The only real loss would be Kuyt IMO at this point, but at his age he will diminish since he relies on his physical game more than anything else.

So if that means we can have 3 more then I would get a replacement for Topal so that we don't have to rely on Selcuk going forward. We can get a younger guy here actually for a future investment.

Also, we can afford to get another younger striker who can go in for Sow/Emenike, kinda like what Webo has been doing this year.

But we don't have to buy foreigners if we dont' really need them.

#3 ·
We should continue harvesting the best Turkish players IMO. I agree with Lazy's picks. Everyone else is expendable and we should replace them with Turks and better foreigners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.