Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all, this is my first ever post but i have been a regular visitor of these forums for a long time,
to get to the point quickly, frankly i am concerned about the state of dutch clubs nowadays, :thmbdown:
ie Ajax once a team renowned for their all dutch character are now a mix of many nationalities,
in all trueness if they were quality players i wouldnt complain but for gods sake :wallbang: escude, pienaar, ghali, saidi, mitliga , and that other korean (left back), are not the type of players to add anything or improve dutch football
all they do is take the place of home grown talent, like :star: sneijder :star: who is unbelievably playing second fiddle to pienaar
i dont know what can be done, but i am afraid tht in time the eredivise willl become like the bundesliga :dazed: , god forbid..

·
Registered
59,327 Posts
Firstly welcome to the forums :) hope you enjoy them and stick around.

Yep, it's true what you say. It's a point that has been raised by Cruijff amongst others recently and it's probably true. Too many mediocre foreigners are being bought. Players who don't add anything to the league, though I'd disagree on Ghaly, Pienaar and especially Saidi on being the types who don't add anything. There's been talk of trying to restrict the number of foreigners but with the EU rules now, it may be a dream :(

A lot of the blame lies at the clubs. It isn't the case that these foreign players are so much cheaper (unlike like in England where English players often are way overpriced in comparison to French or Dutch players) and that makes me wonder, whats the point of having a youth setup. Heerenveen might as well scrap theirs with their 10 Scandinavians from whom only a handful have been better than the local players while my own club Feyenoord too has too often looked abroad too quickly instead of looking at their own youth or reserve teams (ie. letting Boutahar go while buying players like Acuna :wallbang: ).

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
d_kurdi said:
hello to all, this is my first ever post but i have been a regular visitor of these forums for a long time,
to get to the point quickly, frankly i am concerned about the state of dutch clubs nowadays, :thmbdown:
ie Ajax once a team renowned for their all dutch character are now a mix of many nationalities,
in all trueness if they were quality players i wouldnt complain but for gods sake :wallbang: escude, pienaar, ghali, saidi, mitliga , and that other korean (left back), are not the type of players to add anything or improve dutch football
all they do is take the place of home grown talent, like :star: sneijder :star: who is unbelievably playing second fiddle to pienaar
i dont know what can be done, but i am afraid tht in time the eredivise willl become like the bundesliga :dazed: , god forbid..
:shades:

d_kurdi, no offense but you don't make much sense.

Pienaar, Ghaly and Saidi have more to add than you probably know but you hit the nail on the head with Escude, Mtiliga and that other Korean. :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
d_kurdi said:
Welcome man. :cool:

First off, what's wrong with the Bundesliga? The most enjoyable foreign league for me personally. :eek:

But you do have a point that there are a lot of foreigners coming in who don't add enough. For instance, I was surprised that PSV bought Gomes, while they were looking for a Dutch speaking experienced Goalie, but ok, he is doing alright. But I think Gentenaar or even Van Duijnhoven could have also filled that spot for less money.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think compared to a lot of other countries (Belgium for instance ;) ) the foreign players in the dutch eredivsie are rather limited. It's only the past few years, that the topteams have started buying that many foreigners.

Personally I'm for a restriction of a certain amount of foreigners in the league's. There are lots of players from some obscure exotic countries that are just bought because they're a cheap instead of that they add something to the squad.

On the other hand I think those things are quite often overhyped.
It's about the oldest and cheapest trick in the book.
If things aren't going as good as they should go; blame the foreigners. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all for your welcome,
prince-o may be you are right there that pienaar is indeed a good player, but you cannot compare him to :star: sneijder :star: ,in terms of potential and future worth, and after all sneijder is a dutch player playing in the dutch league, and as harsh as it may seem MUST have an advantage in terms of selection
as for ghali and saidi they are not better than any mediocre dutch player in a subtopper club and i do watch the dutch league whenever i have time

First off, what's wrong with the Bundesliga? The most enjoyable foreign league for me personally
well it is enjoyable for you and me, but did you ever think about the german NT fans, the league where german players are supposed to grow and improve is being swamped by foreign players, making new german talent somewhat of a rarity :embarass: ...

the main point i am trying to get to is that Oranje is getting weaker & weaker :mad: , and the only reason in my mind is this new policy of the big three clubs, to buy buy & buy ,
what happened to the old way of bringing through the kluiverts & :star: bergkamps :star: from the youth team , surely beats having someone like :yuck: Ananstasiou in the team

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
d_kurdi said:
as for ghali and saidi they are not better than any mediocre dutch player in a subtopper club and i do watch the dutch league whenever i have time
Apparently :star: you :star: don't have much time lately.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Rataplan said:
Apparently :star: you :star: don't have much time lately.
LOL :dielaugh:

·
Registered
59,327 Posts
Prince-O said:
First off, what's wrong with the Bundesliga? The most enjoyable foreign league for me personally. :eek:
Admit it, you're a big fan of Oli too :shades:

Nothing beats the Bundesliga when it comes to characters. Effenberg, Basler, Jeremies, Lehmann..all Bundesliga legends :thmbup: :proud:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
You're right about that. The sending off of Lehman after his fight with his teammate Amoroso (it was him right?) is and will remain a classic for sure.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wally said:
Admit it, you're a big fan of Oli too :shades:
Nope, I do have my fair share of personal favourites in the Bundesliga, but your idol isn't one of them. Sorry mate. ;)

·
Registered
59,327 Posts
yep, was with Amoroso.

Another comedy caper was when my idol got sent off for punching the ball into the opponents net in an attempt to score a goal in the dying seconds of a game. Seem to have a lot more of them there than here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts