Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Russia ! Please wraite full list import players ( non-Au) play in clubs NSL . Please wraite name - country - club . Please help me !1 I know full list import players in clubs 129 country of world . Regards kind !!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Well since you are from Russia but support Dynamo Kiev i'll do my best to help you ;) :D (kidding i'd have helped anyway :) ). Hopefully others can chip in as well i case i miss anyone

Off the top of my head, i can give you the following

* Esala Masi, Newcastle Utd (NSW), Fiji
* Chris Zoricich, Newcastle Utd, New Zealand
* Alex Moriera, Newcastle Utd, Brazil
* Vaughan Coveny, South Melbourne, New Zealand
* Fernando Rech, Brisbane strikers, Brazilian
* Lubo Lapsanksy, Parramatta Power, Slovakian
* Stuart Young, Wollongong Wolves, England

Thats all i can remember at the moment. I'm sure others will be able to fill in the gaps :hopefull:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Some more, although they may have moved clubs since the end of the season - and note to Andreas, with the inclusion of the Kingz, NZ players aren't considered foreign/imports, but maybe our Russian friend wants the Kiwis as well :) ...

* Badui "Buddy" Farah, Wollongong Wolves, Lebanon (Full international) although holds AUS passport.
* Edgar Junior, Perth Glory, Brazilian

If there's a Melbourne Knights man out there help us here because I remember seeing a story on all these imports you had last season on Channel 7's after-hours NSL show.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Players with dual nationality
Ahmed Elrich half Lebanese Parramatta Power
Adam Kwasnik Half Polish Parramatta Power

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
certainly were, a young striker from rangers was here last season at the spirit on loan, I forget his name, I think there were 2.......

Toto de Costa from the melbourne knights is Angolan......

Pan Kuen Kim at marconi from south korea........

nost of the aucklund kingz squad is from New Zealand..........unfortunately most of the club websites are piss poor, and dont even have a small paragraph on each senior player so its very hard to compile a full list......

abt Elrich, he may have dual citizenship but hes aussie so hes not an o/seas player

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Dion Valle (Perth Glory) - Chilean (But he left the club :D )
Bobby Despotvski (Perth Glory) - Australian/Yugoslav

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Guys i think we should make a clarification here as to what a "foreign star/import player is"

IMO if its someone who is born in another country but has learn't their football here then they are NOT foreign imports. I think guys like Elrich fall into this category

On the other hand, guys like Rech, Lapsansky etc.... who has learn't their football elsewhere (e.g in Brazil, Slovakia etc....) are foreign imports even if they have been playing here for ages and own an aussie passport (Lubo being a good case in point)

As for the Kiwis, well i don't know. Even if they Kingz are in the comp i would still consider Kiwis to be foreign imports as most if not all would have learn't their football in NZ and many before the Kingz were included in the comp

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Since Lapansky and (I think) Young are Australian citizens, they would still be eligible for international selection for Australia.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
David Votoupal said:
Since Lapansky and (I think) Young are Australian citizens, they would still be eligible for international selection for Australia.
yes you are correct :cool:

In fact Lubo did an inteview with tribalfootball.com about being selected for Farina's "shadow squad" for the Oceania nations cup

I wonder why guys like Lapsansky and Young came to Oz in the first place. I can understand Brazilians like Rech, Edgar Jnr, Moreira etc.. going wherever they can since their livelihoods depend on it but who from a developed country would want to play NSL :wth: :crazy: with the current standard and low wages :confused:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Why do other Englishmen come out to Oz ...

Weather and exchange-rate maybe?

As for Lapsansky ... wasn't he from Slovenia or Slovakia? ...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Lubo is definetely Slovakian (Slovenes are very culturally similar to the Balkan countries and hence have a lot of names ending in "ic" f.ex Zahovic, Acimovic etc.......)

yeah weather and exchange rates are defintely plausible although i think this shows that these players have definetely given up on any hope of reaching a high level in professional football, although apparently Lubo almost made the Slovakian Olympic team in 2000 :cool:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Guys... i always thought that an Import player was one who was bought by a club into this country specifically to play football.

If a player moves to Australia for a new beginning, a new life, whatever.... and he decides to play for an NSL club, then i really dont think they could be considered as imports (seeing as the club probably knew nothing of him at all until he turned up to training one night).

Thats my 2 cents anyway:)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
No ... Ljubo and Young were both foreign and moved out here (ie not raised in Oz) ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jason Kearton - Brisbane Strikers - England (half Aussie)
Fernando Rech - Brisbane Strikers - Brazil (wants to be half Aussie)
Stuart McLaren - Brisbane Strikers - Scotland

...also a few other guys with dual nationality in the Brisbane team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts