Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get this subject done prior to the Romania game...but who should the next "Player in the Spotlight" be...I was thinking either JVP or Rui. Feedback needed.

·
International
5,629 Posts
NUNO, for scoring a BIG, BIG first goal in international competition. Of course Xavier's pic makes him a close second!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Marco,

That is a tough one, although this may come as a surprise to most of you, Rui should get the spotlight. Without a doubt he was DA MAN of the match. Yes, Figo started the rally, but Rui took it and ran with it.

My vote goes to Rui!

Viva a nossa seleccao!!!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm being objective...

I say go with Nuno - he really had a hat trick, and I've had a few e-mails over at Benfica Central from people wanting to know more about him since his performance versus England. Even in the Euro 2000 forum - some guy was asking where he played. I think people want to find more about "Gomez":).

Conversely - most people already know Rui Costa, and it might be better to promote someone the general public doesn't know. I would also vote for Xavier or even Vidigal, who I think had a pretty great game and has been overlooked. Particularly his Algarve-sized balls he showed making the goal saving tackle with 12 minutes left in Baia's area. If it wasn't a clean take, England could've easily gotten a PK there. I thought he played great.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I guess Nuno will be in the spotlight tommorow morning. Who wants to write a piece on him? I will write my own, also I will use SLB's description in addition to UEGA's profile.

I added a match pics section. Feedback would be appreciated :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts