Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/34/biz_soccer08_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

What a shame. We fell behind from last year. Last year we were 555 mil. Now we are just above 400 million. Look at revenues. We make less than AS Roma. It is time for Moratti to stop being buddy buddy with his Pirelli and Telecom Italia friends and start demanding some cash. I would move out of the San Siro, and get my own stadium. I would get a real f-in shirt deal.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Well it makes sense with Roma, for two years they reached further in the CL

San Siro is a special stadium in football history I don't think we should move. Perhaps buy it from the council (near impossible obviously with Milan having a shout in it). Since MM turned into a cheap ass here's what we should do, sigh some top (or to be specific media darling player) to sell some shirts, play beautiful or much easier since we've got Stankovic orchestrating behind our strikers, win major Internation trophies to get those bandwagons fans back in our ranks.

Typical seeing all those EPL clubs, Italy and Calcio really shot themself in the foot here

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now we pay peanuts for our sponsorships b/c most of the sponsorships are by Moratti's buddies and or friends where he is ont he board too. So its like a conglomerate. It should be a pure business deal. Sign up a company and have them hand over the cahs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My understanding is that Moratti is not the only person who pays for the club's deficit, Tronchetti and co. also pays.

I guess Tronchetti prefers to use his own money instead of his Pirelli's may have sth. to do with the tax befinit.

Also a losing money club pays less tax, no?

·
Registered
32,678 Posts
Those numbers don't seem to correspond with Deloitte's. At all.

Inter certainly have a higher revenue than Roma. Expenses are much higher too, obviously.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Well to clear things up, the "value" ranking is based on stadium deal. That measure is very dubious because a club is way more than a stadium. To limit it to the stadium is ridiculous. Also, we don't have our own stadium.

As for the revenue, I'm not sure why we're so low on that list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts