Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..I can imagine all Londoners will unite in backing Chelsea against the hated Northerners.

Finally London could join win it's first Champions League ever.

Have your say :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:howler: Bollox. No way. Chavs r us :yuck:
I'm pretty sure you don't really mean that :smileani:

Anyway, you may be a Spurs or Fulham supporter, a Hammer or a Gooner, from QPR or Millwall, I'm pretty sure on Dday you lot will all be longing for a London team, sipping Vodka under the glorious flag of Greater London :cool:

Kalinka!

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Diavolo, this is actually true in my case. However I'm not sure if it's more to do with liking Chelsea or disliking Man Utd, but I certainly feel the London connection.

May I ask what inspired you to this thought?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diavolo, this is actually true in my case. However I'm not sure if it's more to do with liking Chelsea or disliking Man Utd, but I certainly feel the London connection.

May I ask what inspired you to this thought?
The fact that all Londoners regardless of which club they support could root for a common cause: The Cup with Big Ears finally won by a London club :smileani:

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
I'm pretty sure you don't really mean that :smileani:

Anyway, you may be a Spurs or Fulham supporter, a Hammer or a Gooner, from QPR or Millwall, I'm pretty sure on Dday you lot will all be longing for a London team, sipping Vodka under the glorious flag of Greater London :cool:
QPR? No Diav. Just no :pp

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Diavolo

Would you cheer for Inter if they (ever) reached a CL final?

I think not.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do you keep doing this?
It's called banter I believe. In your case, just imagine if United loose.

Anyway, just close the thread, I won't commit suicide.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Diav. London won't be backing Chelsea to win the Champions League. Sorry but that's the way it is :smileani:
Never mind, just close the thread :)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Don't worry Diavolo, its a good thread.

I would imagine most people would be against them, I noticed Mohamed said that he wanted Chelsea to win it. Isn't that a bit pathetic? You want that soulless and artificial club to become the first team in London to win the European Cup?

You hate United more than you love Arsenal? Wow.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have considered the London connection and it's the main reason why I don't want Chelsea to win the final. I will favour United, however reluctantly, because the first London club to win the CL should be Arsenal.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I was cheering Chelsea tonight because I hate the Red Scouse. I'm rooting for Man U in the final though.

·
A true hero
31,425 Posts
Not from London but backing Chelsea, because it'd be nice to have a 5th English club win it.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The fact that all Londoners regardless of which club they support could root for a common cause: The Cup with Big Ears finally won by a London club :smileani:
The culture of London is split into sections. Some people from North and North-East London do not define themselves as Londoners nor do they regard thier own area as London and in the case of East London (West ham United), it is not regarded as 'a part of a whole London' but rather literally; East End. Hence the television programme; Eastenders. Similarly people from North East London do not see themselves as being or living in London bur rather 'Ilford'. Anybody from North London 'I live in Enfield' or 'I'm from Enfield, I coming down to London tomorrow' :confused:, On the same token, people from North-West London say 'I'm out of London, I'm in Harrow at the moment' :confused:

People who support Arsenal and the club themselves are always regarded as 'North London'. I don't know who is responsible for this, but I live in central London and Drayton Park is about a half an hour walk from here. North London my arse. :). I believe also that Watford is technically North London, however, people from don't say they're in 'North London, but simply 'Watford'.

Tottenham is a North London club and that is a fair assumption.

Nowhere, anywhere else in the Premiership, do I hear this rubbish. I don't hear Man Utd being regarded as a South Manchester club, etc.

Personally in my case, I shop and eat in the Chelsea area so I strongly regard that place as London, not West London. It's located in Fulham Broadway, which is closer to the West of London, but not completely West London, it's nowhere near Heathrow and closer to Oxford Street, Kensington Palace and the internationally famous River Cafe Restaurant. For me, this is the definition of London so therefore, I regard Chelsea and only Chelsea as the true London club of this city.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts