Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Labas, since you're a Pole, you're the only one how could give me this info.I want to know some more about a Polish team Wisla Krakow.My native club, Zeljeznicar will meet them in UEFA Cup qualifying round on 10th August.I know almost nothing about them, except they gave Parma a hard time in UEFA Cup few seasons ago, and that they have nasty fans.If it's true I better not come to Poland :) Tell me everything about Wisla.
HALA MADRID!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
OK:D

Wisla Krakow - the richest team in Poland, very strong squad. Heavy favorites for our title, once again. Unfortunatel they have a terrible directors board:mad: Still an absolute super power in polish football, and forgive me for being so frank, but you guys are dead already:D They have this bad repuation, because this one idiot therew that knife into Dino Baggios head in the UEFA Cup two years ago. Because of that they werebanned from the CL last season. Now everything is changed, the stadium is very safe, so feel free to come:D, and see your team get whooped:D Players to watch out for:

MACIEJ ZURAWSKI ( the best!)
TOMASZ FRANKOWSKI
ARKADIUSZ GLOWACKI
MARCIN ZAJAC
OLGIERD MOSKALEWICZ

See ye!:D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they're so strong why they didn't win the title this season? I'm not giving up hope but after what you said I think my team will loose.Still I don't think I'll come to Poland 'cause it's far away and 'cause 1st leg is in Sarajevo and we'll probably loose the chance of progressing before trip to Krakow.
HALA MADRID!!!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Zurawski, Zajac and Frankowski (very good from what i read in polish magazines) are all National members, isnt that right Labas cause i remember thir names at the Råsunda stadion whe Poland vs Sweden played (2-0 AAARGHHH)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Why weren't Wilsa champions? Good question, I'm not sure anyone in Poland knows the answer to that. The easiest explanation is that after 2 years of great, even play they suddenly had a crisis of form, and the crap board of directors instead of waiting started firing managers, changing players, and it ended like it had to - they flopped, it only got worse.

But you shouldn't be that worried, they are a strong club, with no financial problems, but money doesn't mean a good TEAM. I think you guys stand as big a chance as anyone, the ball si round, and Wisla are far from stable. So good luck to you guys!(Wel, not really:D:D:D:eek:)

And yes, R&B they were all at the Rasunda, but none are really first team regulars in the national side. My personal favorite is Maciej Zurawski - he moved from my team - Lech Poznan - to Wisla and immediately we dropped into the second division, while finishing 3rd the prvious year! (that's only opossible in poalnd i guess:D):mad:.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Nope. I guess Atletico is proof on that it can happen in Spain as well :)

Lech dropped out? Thats weird cause i read a lot about them in some old Polish football magazines. They seemed like one of the favourites or something.

ANyway, my team in Poland is POLONIA!!!! My very first match was watched with them involved and they were then in the second division! I remember it-2-0 for Polonia.
I know they are among the best right now, who actuallt won the league last year?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Polonia were the shock champions last year! you Bozo!:D If you wanna read all about it go to the EASTERN EUROPEAN FORUM - I posted a big article on the polish championship, some month or two ago, so if you really care about them as you say, you'll find the time to look it up..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts