Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting here to let you know there has been a sudden change in the FMs of your forum because Bonita has had to leave us. I always looked to Bonita to be someone who was very level-headed and kind, and I’m sure you who were in her forums will miss her as much as I do! I am supplying you with 2 exact quotes so you can see the explanations yourselves.

As Jan explained it to us in the CM forum:

Finally is it just not me who is missing as you may have noticed. Bonita have dropped out so to speak as she suddenly got some career opportunities she simply had to grab even if it meant dropping Xtratime right away. I asked her to announce it herself, but apparently it was really instant and she has not come back.

Bonita’s exact words sent to Jan:

Due to professional advancement, I wish to step down as forum manager and administrator.

As you know, I will be away on assignment in Europe from 4-15 April (ref. CM forum thread). As I am preparing for the journey, I was notified this morning that the museum in Marseilles has agreed to extend my contract as curator/lecturer for another 18 months. While this is certainly a dream come true, the catch is, I have to start work as soon as May. What does that mean? It means, I will barely have time to pack upon returning to NYC on 15 April (!) My new job will involve much trans Atlantic travelling and will affect my ability to be online on a regular basis. In addition, I have also received a grant to complete my new book, the time I need to devote to this project will make it very difficult to continue as XT administrator.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
WOW!:eek: :(:(

I'm at shock!

She is one special person. We all respect and love her because of her intelligence, maturity and great heart. She brought class to Xtratime with her involvement and it really is sad to see her leave us. While I'm disappointed she will not be with us, I along with others here are very happy for her achieving success in her career and wish her all the best and hope she will achieve all the more success that is out there in the real world.

Bonita,

Thank you for everything. I will be counting the days until you come back to us:)

This one's for you: CRESPO BABY!:tongue:

Ps. We all at argentine forum will miss you!:) :star:

Hurry back;)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Good luck to you Bonita. I hope you will enjoy your new life. You sure are going to be missed around here and I hope you will be able to find time to drop by from time to time.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Yeah, its always a shame to lose such members like Bonita :depress:

I am sure we all wish her the best in her new prospects, and look forward to the time she can fit XT back into her schedule.

Best of luck and regards Bonita :star:

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I just hope she comes back when she's settled again. Xtratime will lose one of it's most precious assets if she doesn't come back:depress:

·
International
6,519 Posts
*sigh*

It's sad to see you leave , Bonita, but if it means a succesion in your life, than I am happy for you. You know you are unicate, and you know how much we'll miss you.

Make sure to drop by every once in a while, and say hello to your co-laziali :star:

Good luck !

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, I feel your pain b/c this hit us all really hard. It was just so sudden! She had posted in the CM forum that she was going on vacation until April 8th...and I think it was on the 8th or the 9th that Jan posted her PM to him! Panic!!!:eek: :eek: :dazed: :dazed:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Bonita is one of the most respected individuals on xtratime. Her participation and constant presence was a great benefit to all of us. No doubt she will be very sorely missed. I wish her all the very best.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
czar said:
Bonita is one of the most respected individuals on xtratime. Her participation and constant presence was a great benefit to all of us. No doubt she will be very sorely missed. I wish her all the very best.
I am whith u on that 1.

:( :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Even though I'm not a regular visitor here I've grown to have a lot of respect for Bonita. I wish her luck with her work and hope she can return here soon.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Doc:cool:,

I know you are with us, in some way:)

You are a part of the XT history that will not be forgotten:)

See u:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts