Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Villa's veteran Scottish international defender Colin Calderwood has rejected a move to First Division strugglers Portsmouth.

Calderwood has been told he can leave the club on a free transfer, as he will not be offered a new contract when his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Has be spurned Portsmouth for the might Notts Forest??

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Oh la la! Colin Calderwood has snubbed Portsmouth and could join Forest. I'm very flattered indeed… It's a great honour to be preferred to the Portsmouth giants, isn't it???

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pompey giants huh!! :)

Good luck with signing him!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
So finally Colin Calderwood is able to find out the wonders of the city of Nottingham as well as those of the English First Division. And Villa have began to repaid Forest for all the good players who have moved from the City Ground to the Villa Park such as Gary Charles, Garry Parker, Steve Stone and, why not, Stan the Man (via Anfield Road). Forest need good players so badly!

What about your brother-in-law's reaction at Forest-Charlton 1-1 ? Has he said "Damn! A draw against the Forest crap!" or has he said "Cool! A draw against the Forest greats!" ?

Thanks for the Inzaghis article. Two questions: what's the lamb dansak? And the won ton soup? Anyway on a thing the journalist is dead right: Italy's going to suck really alot at Euro 2000.
Fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heheh...I think it was more along the lines of "damn we drew with that crap forest lot!"
:)

Lamb dansk is an Indian dish and won ton soup is a chinese soup...hehe guess your mum falls into the Mamma Inzaghi role :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Fellow sections, who is this Colin now ? The brother of Colin Hendry who plays Snooker for Scotland ? :)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Colin Calderwood is a vetren defender who plays also internationally for Scotland. He played for many years at Tottenham Hotspurs (poor bloke!) until he joined us last season...he was used at the Villa as a fill in defender and he did well for us when Ehiough got injured and he even kept Barry out of the team towards the end of last season (although I put that down to JG not wanting to burn Barry out in his first full season). This season we sold him to Notts Forest, which Aquila was happy about because he is a great defender...but a few weeks ago he broke his arm! :( Get well soon Colin!

There, the end of my brief resume of Mr Calderwood...help Alexx? :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Alexx - did you mean Colin Hendry???

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heheheh...Alexx means of course the only Colin Hendry that plays snooker!!!! :)

------------------
WESF

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
pool, shift through brazilian forum and you will realize that not everything I post is to be taken on a serious level :)

Natalya, thanks for the info, but still, a real-man defender should break his leg, not his arm, don't you think... :)

Anyways, go Villa go !

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
A real-man defender breaks legs. Like Neil Ruddock broke Andy Cole's... ;)

Go, Villa, Go for the FA Cup final.

[This message has been edited by Kafka (edited 02-05-2000).]

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kafka...be nice to me...what have Villa done to you to deserve to be relegated next season! :( ( :))

I expect this off Amo...not a nice (? :)) rational man as yourself!!!

UP THE VILLA!
FOREVER!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh the power of post editing!!! :)

You're too crafty Kafka! :)

[This message has been edited by Natalya (edited 03-05-2000).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts