Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I think it wouuld be cool if people posted down the toughest and roughest players they ahve ever seen in the game. Or even some cool stories of football folclore that a player x did something really stupid.

Also, talking a bit about rough players that have played for your club/ country.

Ex: Vinnie Jones grabbing the balls of Gazza in 88.

Or even better the Cardiff City player that stole a fruit machine not so long ago and the City fans started chanting:

"He's black, he's mean, he steals fruit machines" in the stadium:howler: :howler: :howler:

Also, a good mention to famous argie and uruguayan violent players such as Rattin or Bossio

·
Registered
40,648 Posts
Sinisa Mihajlovic, loved by a few, hated by the rest!

My favourite moment was when Jens Jeremies wanted to pick a verbal fight with him during the group encounter in 98. Jens was yelling, swearing basically worked up like a mothafucker whereas Sinisa was calm and all he did was laugh and spit exactly in the mouth of Jeremies who was instantly shut up!

Of course I don't approve of spitting but I find Jeremies to be one of the most annoying players ever to have walked the pitch.
Plenty more stories involving Sinisa and his antics, a clear case of a balkan temper, not the first case and I doubt it'll be the last one.

You mention ballgrabbing? :)

Imagine a filled out to the max. stadium in Zagreb. The teams involved are Croatia and Serbia (back then called Yugoslavia). Do or die between 2 nations who were in war with eachother only a few years before this match.
Just before halftime Jarni and Zoran 'Bata' Mirkovic get into some trouble, Jarni clearly insults Mirkovic's mother and Bata decides to squeeze the juice out of Jarni's balls :howler:. Naturally he gets a red card, the crowd goes wild and wants his head and Mirkovic decides to greet them all the Serbian way.
We hold on with 10 men and knock them out in the middle of Zagreb. :proud: What a night!

·
Extra Chilli Sauce
518 Posts
Edmundo has done some pretty rough shit in the past...

11 vs 11 battle royale in the brazilian league, everyone started flykicking each other and shit...

Also, at Edmundo's sons birthday he gave a chimp monkey a bottle of whiskey at the party and was fined by some animal welfare organization...I dont have any links, it was on footballs badest 11 ages ago on BBC 2 before I moved to Italy

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
he gave beer to a monkey. I have given beer to my dogs;) :cool: :D And they liked it;) :happy:

Drulo,

I used to have some serbian friends and once I watch that play off to the Euro 2000 between Yugoslavia & Croatia, when that player started fliking his finger to the home fans.... hilarious stuff:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Carlo Mazzone (around 70 years old) when training Brescia 2 years ago in a very "hot" regional derby Vs Atalanta, after being insulted throughout the game by Atalanta supporters, in the final moments of the game when Brescia scores a derperate equalizer, charges on his own towards the Atalanta supporters screaming everything their is to scream towards them, and when I say everything I mean everything.
He was later suspended for some time.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Diavolo said:
Carlo Mazzone (around 70 years old) when training Brescia 2 years ago in a very "hot" regional derby Vs Atalanta, after being insulted throughout the game by Atalanta supporters, in the final moments of the game when Brescia scores a derperate equalizer, charges on his own towards the Atalanta supporters screaming everything their is to scream towards them, and when I say everything I mean everything.
yea i can't forget that!:howler:
great Carletto:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
A.V said:
Edmundo has done some pretty rough shit in the past...

11 vs 11 battle royale in the brazilian league, everyone started flykicking each other and shit...

Also, at Edmundo's sons birthday he gave a chimp monkey a bottle of whiskey at the party and was fined by some animal welfare organization...I dont have any links, it was on footballs badest 11 ages ago on BBC 2 before I moved to Italy
thats crazy stuff

·
Registered
45,463 Posts
Diavolo said:
:tongue:
That was fantastic. Brescia were losing 1-3 and the supporters of Atalanta were insulting Mazzone, whose fault was not just being the coach of Brescia, but even romano! Baggio scored the 2-3 and Mazzone from the bench screamed to the supporters of Atalanta: "Se famo er terzo ve vengo sotto la curva!" transl. from romanesco "If we equalize I run to you!"

What happened you know! :howler:

Here are some pics of Mazzone in that match!

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/asromaultras/mazzone.html

Some translations to help you:

"Li mortacci vostra!!!" ... "Your dead relatives!!!"
"Merdeeee!!!".... "Pieces of shit!!!"
"Lassateme sta!!".... "Don't touch me!!"

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
You got to love a coaoch like that. Great pics, I like how he gives the thumps up to Colina afterwards :howler:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I seen Graeme Souness put his studs right into the penis area of an oppostion player.

I don't think Mihajlovic would last too long against Roy Keane. Keano would just box the head of him.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Yeah, I remember the Mirkovic incident. He was a Juventus player at the time.

Former Belgian international and Golden Boot (boy?) Gilles De Bilde a few years ago with the Anderlecht jersey. During a CK, he intentionally punched the man who had closely man-marked him (and who happened to be a former teammate of his) in the face. The latter eventually pretty much ressembled Jared Leto in Fight Club while De Bilde whose fall from grace began got heavily suspended.

Ciao.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
For those that like Serie A football, Romeo Benetti was a mean guy, also Giacinto Faccheti and Tarcisio Burgnich were tough, however back then they didn't send out players so often ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts