Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why a the Nike kits so awful this season??

Adidas kits rock!!!

What was the Nike designer on when he drew those kits, and made that pathetic advetisiment???:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't know. Olympiakos is UMBRO (attachments) and it's fine. Which clubs have Nike kits? I think Barcelona has. But I like Barcas kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I have tended to like the designs on Nike strips, but the world cup ones are not so good - too many are too alike to one another (apart from the colours)

Rangers are Nike, but from next season we will make our own so we get all the profits (instead of the 80%+ Nike were taking) and getting Diadora to sponsor the kits where the 'brand' is (rather than making them)

it will be interesting to see if its successful, because other clubs might follow the idea

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a brill idea......the only problem would be the distribution set up...but then again they can use Diadora's!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Although they won't go to the worldcup, the Dutch NT did get a new WC-styled kit from Nike. I have to say it looks quite good. The combination of that screaming orange jersey on black shorts looks fine to me :cool:

But then again, I'm a bit biased towards Nike. All my fav-teams play with Nike: Barça, PSV and the Dutch NT. Where as Adidas supplies my not so favourite teams like Ajax, Bayern, Real Madrid, the German NT and the French NT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
I have tended to like the designs on Nike strips, but the world cup ones are not so good - too many are too alike to one another (apart from the colours)

Rangers are Nike, but from next season we will make our own so we get all the profits (instead of the 80%+ Nike were taking) and getting Diadora to sponsor the kits where the 'brand' is (rather than making them)

it will be interesting to see if its successful, because other clubs might follow the idea

Dundee and Dundee United are both going down that road, i think it is in two seasons.

I think it will also be interesting to see if it makes any great change in revenue.

United and dundee both took the step a few years ago of only selling the clubs kit in official club stores so that they did not have to pay the extra money to the shops that were selling for them.

I dont know if it made much difference because the fact that there is only shops located in dundee and for supporters out of town that wanted the kit they would have to come into dundee.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Denmark, as always, plays in Danish brand Hummel. But for the first time in many years they've put a kit together that actually looks pretty cool. The shirts are somewhat retro-70's style, a little more tight than usual football shirts and they look cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts