Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Hag sameach to all in Israel.

I know this is not the place to plug your services, but thought you guys on the site could be of real help.

I am a 21 year old football player in semi pro player (Central defender) in London. I play for the Jewish club Wingate and Finchley and Faithold who play in the English 7th Division. I have just finished my degree in Sports Science and want to come to Israel to play football for a club, I am willing to try out at any level. I hold both a British and Israeli passport as my parents are from Israel and I was born in Kfar Sava. Unfortunatley, my aba has lost most contact with his footballing friends so I want to know what is the best way to go about getting a trial at a club. Are open trials held in the summer. Do Division 2 and 3 clubs hold open trials? I know there are only 2 Pro Leagues. I have another half Isaeli friend interested as well. In fact there are a lot of very good young Jewish footballers here in England, the standard has improved a lot. So any you guys could give us would be of great help. I have all my details on an English site, Football CV.com and a CV myself. Planning to come to Israel either in late summer or November time.

O.K thank you. Lets keep fingers crossed for WC qualification. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry to say that I don't know the answer to the questions that you asked. One thing that I can suggest would be to get in touch with our FA and ask them the same questions. Here is a link to their web site were you can fill out the form or send a message to the fax listed at the bottom:

http://www.israel-football.org.il/english/contact/index.asp

Another possibility might be to send an email directly to one of the clubs that you would be interested in. On the following link of the UEFA official site our first division clubs are listed on the right hand side at the bottom. If you click on a club name, most of them have email addresses to write to.

http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/directory/country=ISR/Association=65/index.html

Maybe someone else has another suggestion. Good luck!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I just thought of another possibility. Try this link:

http://www.eufo.de/football/football.htm

Click on *info* on the left hand side, then on *staff* on the page that comes up. Scroll down to the last name on the list which is Jacob Ziv. He is a well known football journalist with the Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv. If you click on his name it will open his email. He might be able to help you if you write him. In any case he probably has a lot of connections in Israeli football and should know who to contact.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
As far as I know no teams are holding official trial sessions, but it's not a problem to arrange one. It's free so it never hurts to give it a shot at least. :)

I could help you with a possible trial with a some teams. A close friend of mine knows the head scout of Hapoel, Dudu Dahan so he probably knows how to get in touch with several teams. He'll probably need to contact you, and there are a few questions you will need to answer first. are you coming to Israel on your own or will you ask the team to fund your flight costs, etc.?

I'll keep you posted here anyhow so no worries. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Raanan.

No I intend to come over on my own expenses. I have family all over the place and can stay on Kibbutz Ulpan for upto 5 months as well, which I need to do because my Ivrit is not good. If it went well I would obviously intend to stay longer. My email is up with my details, so you can send me any info through there as well. Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work on the site.

Ilan

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Usually u have to start off in a young age playing soccer on a team in Israel to be excepted to one.

Unless you have a agent in your Division 7 team, than you can ask him to give a shout to some Israeli clubs.... not sure how you would compete..maybe they'd put u in Liga Alef and see how you are..

possibly, if you have the chance...join the best leauge in the world!!

THE MELAFEFON LIGA (CUCUMBER LEAUGE) over the summer...
Everyones welcomed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts