Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name some footballers who could compete in other sports at the Olympics.

This is what I've got so far:

Djibril Cisse - 100m Sprint
Obafemi Martins - Gymnastics
Ruud van Nistelrooy - Equestrian

Know any footballers who have hidden talents in other sports? I'm sure I remember hearing about a player who has a black belt in Judo - can't remember who it was though.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Name some footballers who could compete in other sports at the Olympics.

This is what I've got so far:

Djibril Cisse - 100m Sprint
Obafemi Martins - Gymnastics
Ruud van Nistelrooy - Equestrian

Know any footballers who have hidden talents in other sports? I'm sure I remember hearing about a player who has a black belt in Judo - can't remember who it was though.
:howler:

Think Zenden was the player with judo belt.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Curtis Woodhouse.

Hasnt actually left football because he is the captain of Rushden and Diamonds. Leaving football again though at end of this season to fully concentrate.

I do believe he is unbeaten in the ring though.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Nani and Ronaldo - 10m platform synchro
:howler: u just mean they r divers or do you mean they r similar players....cos both r true....they seem to work on stuff together in training.

As for this stuff...BUTCHERAZZI for boxing

Graveson for shot put

A young Cordoba for the 200

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Of course, I'm not being entirely serious with these suggestions. Dennis Rommedahl and David Odonkor could do the 100 or 200 meter sprints.

Poulsen should do boxing or judo since he fancies himself such a tough guy:rollani:

Joe Cole could do some middle distance running, maybe the 3000 meters.

Pippo Inzaghi could probably challenge in the 3 meter springboard diving.

Edmundo and Eric Cantona could do tae-kwon-do:D

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Obafemi Martis could participate in the 100m sprint and still be a part of Nigerias gymnastics team.

Nikola Žigić could've helped Serbias volleyball and basketball team, even though the basketball team didn't qualify for the Olympics.

Julian de Guzmán could be running marathons, he does it every game for Deportivo anyways.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Agbonlahor could run the 100 metres pretty quickly I would think.

Jimmy Downey here in Australia had a oppurtunity to go into Athletics but chose football.

Micheal Essien, James Harper, Genaro Gattuso, Dirk Kuyt all run so much during games.

Oguchi Onyewu or Cherno Samba could be weight lifters.

I would like to see Materazzi, Gattuso, Alan Smith, Kevin Muscat and Danny Tiatto all in a box ring.

Do you think Seville keeper..cant remember his name..could do Discuss as I remember him having a huge throw.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Do you think Seville keeper..cant remember his name..could do Discuss as I remember him having a huge throw.
This is something for Sander Westerveld or the guy at Tranmere who has incredible throw ins :howler:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts