Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your football tips/secrets you've learned over the years or wished u knew when u first started playing football...

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Playing on snow for example makes the ball faster and harder to defend for the centrebacks. So as a striker you only have to do speculative running until they once miss to get the ball away. Then you shouldn't miss out to score it. ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I find that when playing against quick opposition, just pressuring them as opposed to making a full tackle works great. They often end up pushing the ball out of thier reach because they are moving too fast. Then you can get a supporting player to pick up the ball. This works especially well on the wings or when the pitch is wet.

·
Registered
418 Posts
See that round thing? You usually win if you put it between the two sticks :D

sorry, just feel like being an ass after getting home from work

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
One of my secrets is ... to look in the opposite direction to where you want to dribble the ball it works for me all the time :D :cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
on a corner kick, if your standing in front of the goalie before it is played in, start to take the velcro off and loosen the goalie's gloves. my brother is a goalie and he says it pisses him off real bad. :cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
foordic said:
Post your football tips/secrets you've learned over the years or wished u knew when u first started playing football...
Don't argue with referees, don't shout at referees, don't pick up fights with opposition players, don't let opposition players get at you.

I guess this has to do with age. When I was 15-16 I would get infuriated often and I used to play like shit and started overdoing stuff. Now, I'm more laidback and I try to calm down teammates when they are agressive or furious. When you always stay calm, you are much more of a use for your team. When I am really pissed right now, I keep it inside, and it makes me perform better as a goalkeeper.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Take some breathers to maintain performance.

This allow syou to go at maximum at occasions at times.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I don't think i'm qualified to tell people how they should play but...

The importance of being able to use both feet equally well for passing/shooting should never go overlooked.

Know what you're going to do with the ball before it comes to you, so you have at least one good option when you have it immediately at your feet.

Practice, there's no substitute for having a good first touch & control, and this only comes with lots of dedicated practice. Aim for 2 hours per day.

Improving your fitness/stamina will help your all round game, there's little use in being able to do lots of fancy tricks & skills if you lack the lungs to run around the pitch for the duration of a game.

Pick a role model for the position you play, watch as much of this guy as you can and try to implement what he does in your own game.

Play to your strengths, improve on your weaknesses!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Umarnino said:
One of my secrets is ... to look in the opposite direction to where you want to dribble the ball it works for me all the time :D :cool:
yes very good advice. if your looking in a certain direction your body is also positioned that way, so even if the defender doesnt see your eyes he can sense where your facing.

also its hard to do at pace but lollipops (step over, c ronaldo) are awesome, work 9 times out of 10

·
Registered
167 Posts
i would also say leg training helps, doing heavy squats at the gym.
upper body not that important, if you have powerfull legs everything is easier

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
aek11 said:
on a corner kick, if your standing in front of the goalie before it is played in, start to take the velcro off and loosen the goalie's gloves. my brother is a goalie and he says it pisses him off real bad. :cool:
If you did that to me when I was in net I'd knock you out.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
don said:
i would also say leg training helps, doing heavy squats at the gym.
upper body not that important, if you have powerfull legs everything is easier
Upper body is pretty important because you have to use your upper body strength to hold off people when they try to tackle you while you run with the ball. Never underestimate this. if you are shoulder to shoulder knowing how to hold them off is very imperative to helping your team retain posession. If you are pushed off the ball everytime and just muscled off it you are as good as a black hole on the XI

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I will tell you a little secret

.Its the football secret only a few know

PRACTICE!!!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
i learnt not to waste time when u have the ball..move it or loose it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts