Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the video ref ,has to be introduced .its stupid to have the technology and not use it.we probably wouldnt have had the problems we did at the milan derby.its not hard to do,it will take a very short time for the ref to go to the sideline and have a look at the replay. the ref can wear an ear piece and have communication with the fourth ref who would be watching the screen. .and this would satisfy supporters ,when they know that the incident has been looked at.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Some situations it would help, such as deciding whether a ball had crossed the line. However things like fouls would be too debatable in many occasions. So many times there have been potential handballs in the box or fouls, 10 minutes into half time - the football pundits are still debating whether it should of been a pen or not.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Leave everything at it is, video replay will take time away from the match, which would make the players lose concentration in the game.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Leave everything at it is, video replay will take time away from the match, which would make the players lose concentration in the game.
i completely agree, the players would complian about everything. THere are so many fouls in the "technical sense" that never get called and the players dont want them too, they are just little hacks ans shirt tugs that are part of the game. Video replay would ruin this, there would be no physical play.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
yeh i agree,and it will become like cricket with long waits everyone time something controverial happening.And football being as contraversial as it is there will be stopped play nearly every minute.Then this will lead to 10 minutes extra time.Get my point

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What having video replays or at least TV technology would definitely do is stop players diving and cheating because they wouldn't get away with it. It should also stop players surrounding the referee over the smallest decision going against them, what it wouldn't stop them rolling about on the floor like they've been shot but hey we tend to think that the game is free flowing and never stops :rollani:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The day video replays are brought in, will be a sad day for football IMO.

It also won't be fair on lower division teams, I don't see them getting video refs, if they come in.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm sure to lower div teams every decision is as crucial but the stakes are comparitively smaller. You could argue it isn't fair TV doesn't cover lower div teams as much for the very same reason

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Owzat said:
I'm sure to lower div teams every decision is as crucial but the stakes are comparitively smaller. You could argue it isn't fair TV doesn't cover lower div teams as much for the very same reason
If the stakes are relegation means the club won't exist anymore, you'd have a hard time telling people at that club stakes are smaller, but sure overall more is at stake higher up, but if you don't have it the same across the board, it wouldn't be right, you'd have clubs in lower leagues complaining all the time, it should just be left as it is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
no it doesn't it would likely just slow down the pace of the game

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
THings are still debatable with video replay....it woulnd't solve the serious situations

1 - 11 of 11 Posts