Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone played this?

Looks interesting - essentially a toned down version of the game, with all the tedious bullshit removed,

https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2019-touch

Considering I haven't looked at the full version of the game for several years now because of the immense amount of time it took to play the game, the concept looks very interesting to me.

Any experiences or opinions on it?

·
Registered
42,582 Posts
Yeah I've played it. I began a season in the Hong Kong Premier League with Pegasus and began very well, but then my squad got decimated by constant injuries and I hit a really bad run of form. Can't buy a win atm. It's actually my first time playing football manager, so I was surely making loads of mistakes along the way. Like not rotating my squad enough. Enjoying the game, still. The board has decent confidence in me.

·
*the drum drum*
42,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you're enjoying it.

How "hands off" would you consider the game? Probably difficult to answer without having played the full version of the game, but are you able to do things like scouting, training, tactics, manage the reserve/youth team if you want to - but then just set-and-forget them if you don't?

Interested to see how good a balance they have found through actual gameplay and the levels of detail that made FM as great as it is.

If it is almost like a throwback to earlier versions of the game which weren't as hands-on (think back to the days before press conferences and all that nonsense), it sounds great.

·
*the drum drum*
42,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up buying it, it was half the price of the normal version so thought I’d just try it and see.

Mind you, I haven’t played the full version in several years, so I can’t properly compare this version with the full version. But if I were to sum it up, I’d say it’s something like FM was just prior to when press conferences and conversations with players came into the game.

So the best way to sum it up is that it’s essentially FM with minimal bullshit. Tactics are still in depth, as are matches, but only if you choose to play it that way.

I like it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Got Football Manager Touch 20, but quite a bit that needs to be changed in the update. Regens take over whenever a manager gets sacked, the second nationality of a player isn't visible and chairmen who win elections spend 150 million on a player without consulting you.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,833 Posts
Got Football Manager Touch 20, but quite a bit that needs to be changed in the update. Regens take over whenever a manager gets sacked, the second nationality of a player isn't visible and chairmen who win elections spend 150 million on a player without consulting you.
seems pretty realistic if you're managing RM or Barca

1 - 9 of 9 Posts